Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston Tesla Club

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick recount of the first meetup of the Houston Tesla Club: 8 Model S' showed up at 3:30 pm on July 20, 2013 at the Fry's parking lot. It was fantastic to see all the various colors in person and to meet the proud owners. Special thanks to John Gray who stopped over and provided us all complimentary detailing liquid. After a quick meet and greet, 6 Tesla Model S' headed out to Top Water Grill as a caravan. To say we got a lot of attention during our 60 mile caravan drive would be an understatement. The drive to San Leon was fantastic and we had part of the parking lot in the restaurant cordoned off for us. Again, as we parked our cars, we had a crowd gather around during our photo session. Lots of good questions asked and took us a good 45-60 mins before we all got into the restaurant for some much needed drinks and food. We left the restaurant at about 8pm and not before answering a few more questions from onlookers. All in all a great drive with great company in a GREAT car!

It was fantastic meeting fellow owners and we will be working on a road-map for the future events, how we can make it more interesting, etc. We would love to hear ideas so please keep posting them. We want our Houston Tesla Club to be one of the best ones out there and this was a good start. Hat-tip to Tom for all his help with coordinating the event and Greg for leading the caravan. Thanks to Top Water Grill who welcomed our group and for the great food. Thanks to the owners and family members for joining in.

Pictures from the first meetup can be viewed at https://www.facebook.com/groups/247700768688142/photos/

Please note the Facebook Group Page is located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/247700768688142/. Please send me a PM if you have any difficulty joining us.

- - - Updated - - -

Houston Coffee & Cars event created on the Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/events/603642853003208/ Please RSVP so we can get a count on the numbers of Teslas showing up and work on the parking situation accordingly. Please spread the word.

Hi Dilithium, can you send me a PM with your Facebook email id? We had posted the event on the group's page and also posted it again so all the newer members saw it as well. Not sure what happened but we will get it sorted out as soon as you send me the email id.

I am supposed to be a member of this club but did not get an invitation or any information about this event.

gnelson, I was out of the country and they created a Facebook group but did not post the event to the Google Group, so you wouldn't have gotten a notification:

Houston Tesla Owners - Google Group

As a reminder for everyone else in Houston, there is an email group (above) you can subscribe to. We will post notification of all upcoming events to that group. We generally also post them to the forums (both Tesla and TMC), but email from the Google Group tends to work better for those that don't regularly monitor the forums.

gnelson, I was out of the country and they created a Facebook group but did not post the event to the Google Group, so you wouldn't have gotten a notification:

Houston Tesla Owners - Google Group

As a reminder for everyone else in Houston, there is an email group (above) you can subscribe to. We will post notification of all upcoming events to that group. We generally also post them to the forums (both Tesla and TMC), but email from the Google Group tends to work better for those that don't regularly monitor the forums.
I just applied. Thanks for the information.

Greetings Everyone,

Just applied for Facebook (yuck) and Google Groups. Tried to do TMC but it kept saying I'm spam and won't send a message to Stephen. Oh well. One step at a time I guess. Anyway. Here's me participating like I'm told too. Got my Tesla in December and I'm not a people person so it took me this long to want to join stuff. Deafness will do that to ya.

Have yourself a great day,
Sheldon H

Tried to do TMC but it kept saying I'm spam and won't send a message to Stephen. Oh well. One step at a time I guess.
Welcome to the forum. TMC starts off new user accounts with a limited set of permissions to ensure that people don't just create a new account to get around the rules (e.g. no spamming). I'm not sure whether the expanded permissions of a normal user are tied to the number of days an acct has been live or to needing to have commented a certain number of times, though. Either way, if you keep the acct. and comment on a few threads, you'll get access to all the things a normal acct can do. E.g. personalizing your avatar, limited editing of posts, messaging, etc.