Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. I had the option to cancel the trade up until the last week or so. Before I traded it in. I believe it’s when you start accepting and signing financing. You will have to send your title to Tesla via UPS package they send to you. No take Backs then. 😆
Speaking on accepting financing. I got approved in less than 30 minutes, which is sort of cool for somebody that has not a long credit history.
I then asked for a small change on monthly payment, and they did. After than the button "Pay" become greyed out, and in the next few hours they changed my numbers again, without me asking.....

Speaking on accepting financing. I got approved in less than 30 minutes, which is sort of cool for somebody that has not a long credit history.
I then asked for a small change on monthly payment, and they did. After than the button "Pay" become greyed out, and in the next few hours they changed my numbers again, without me asking.....
It was quick for me. They told me. It was better to pay the down payment as soon as possible. So my delivery wouldn’t be delayed. I got approved for financing quick too. But I had applied before. When I placed my order.

I can give you some messages to send.
@mikedjp
1) My kids want to know why I’m in the garage playing with Accessories.
2) My wife doesn’t believe I ordered a Model Y.
3) If I need to pick it up from Fremont? I am willing to travel.
4) I’m pretty good with my hands. I can go to the factory and help them crank out more vehicles if need be.
5) My birthday is coming up. I was thinking about bringing a cake by the delivery center. Will we have something to celebrate?
I used the a few of them. 😆

Last edited:
I can give you some messages to send.
@mikedjp
1) My kids want to know why I’m in the garage playing with Accessories.
2) My wife doesn’t believe I ordered a Model Y.
3) If I need to pick it up from Fremont? I am willing to travel.
4) I’m pretty good with my hands. I can go to the factory and help them crank out more vehicles if need be.
5) My birthday is coming up. I was thinking about bringing a cake by the delivery center. Will we have something to celebrate?
I used the a few of them. 😆
I did that today man, and the guys just said we can only see what I can. Sigh

Going to share my experience as I searched for car insurance and loan.

Received a pre-approval loan from Lightstream 4% for 60 months with a credit score of 725 about a month ago.
Two weeks ago I applied with UFCU and got a 2.4% loan for 72 months or 2.2% for 60. I send them the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) then they wired the money to Tesla. No proof of income or car insurance. No delays or additional calls needed.
For car insurance I received quotes from Geico, Progressive and Costco Auto insurance. Geico and Progressive both quoted $175 per month. Costco quoted me $175 for two vehicles (2018 Prius Prime). Better coverage and lower deductible.
Just wanted to share my findings.