Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI I just learned the hard way, all deliveries after 11/21, the 2 USB C ports in front center console are power only, no data. They can only charge devices but cannot communicate with the infotainment. Only the USB A in the glovebox has data so consider getting a glovebox hub if you plan on a game controller or USB drive with music.
I just purchased this 3 in 1 USB connector and hoping it will solve this problem.

Reactions: Jones1
FYI I just learned the hard way, all deliveries after 11/21, the 2 USB C ports in front center console are power only, no data. They can only charge devices but cannot communicate with the infotainment. Only the USB A in the glovebox has data so consider getting a glovebox hub if you plan on a game controller or USB drive with music.
I purchased a usb A to usb a adapter with 3 ports. On Amazon the other day. I was hoping that they started reinstalling the usb c with data connection. Tesla said they stopped. Due to chip shortages.

I opted for this one as to take up least amount of space. It seats up flush at the plug.

Nestour 2022 Tesla Glovebox USB Hub for Model 3/Y/X/S, Charging & Data Transferring, Compatible with Game Controllers, Music, Dash Cam and Boombox Data https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TWHBNWG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_6ZQKE0QBYDQYZG44SDPR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I ordered this one. It had good reviews from Tesla owners

Sabrent Premium 3-Port Aluminum Mini USB 3.0 Hub [90°/180° Degree Rotatable] (HB-R3MC) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013XGK53E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_QZJGQX48MC5KQ7CJ0YXA

Today I went to check the Westheimer location since I happened to be in the area. I parked next to a MYP exactly like the one I am waiting for.
I checked every inch of it like it was my delivery and I could not find one element out of place. No gaps, pristine paint. Michelin AS tires.
I went inside to inquire about my delivery change from April May to May June and they told me everyone on pretty much got bumped due to a supply chain issue with China, but they expect an update soon and better deliveries (bla bla bla).

I hope this White MYP is one of yours, it was stunning

Today I went to check the Westheimer location since I happened to be in the area. I parked next to a MYP exactly like the one I am waiting for.
I checked every inch of it like it was my delivery and I could not find one element out of place. No gaps, pristine paint. Michelin AS tires.
I went inside to inquire about my delivery change from April May to May June and they told me everyone on pretty much got bumped due to a supply chain issue with China, but they expect an update soon and better deliveries (bla bla bla).

I hope this White MYP is one of yours, it was stunning

It looks like my Spec. I might go by there tomorrow. So I can drool over the Double pane glass. Until HPD arrives. 😆

Well it happened! VIN assigned today with EDD now 5/4-5/10. I’ve been trying to finalize everything for the past half hour because I do not want to lose my car!

For those interested it is F426. I cannot wait to take delivery. I am freaking ecstatic right now.

OD was 9/30 I can’t complain for a seven month wait for an electric car at this point.
Congratulations 🎊🎉🎈

Reactions: Linsinco

Attachments

• 30A58E65-CA62-4CDB-9CBD-A5649742DC1E.jpeg
    30A58E65-CA62-4CDB-9CBD-A5649742DC1E.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 68
  • 2887E92D-35FF-4A5B-BD26-F2C12811B1DF.jpeg
    2887E92D-35FF-4A5B-BD26-F2C12811B1DF.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 2BDD6BA6-007B-4E73-BD62-4410FAA7D9AF.jpeg
    2BDD6BA6-007B-4E73-BD62-4410FAA7D9AF.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 56
I have not decided on a SSD yet. I have a couple around the house but was think of buying one for Sentry mode. How well is your ssd doing with sentry mode?
PC SSDs are beyond capable of writing video and continuous “high endurance” work. I think a lot of the stand alone products are just marketing so felt the added cost wasn’t worth it. This 256gb setup is probably less than $40 and is rick solid. As long as it’s SSD and not a thumb drive I think you’re good no matter what way you go

Tesla Location in Houston North just called me. A Guy told me he has been receiving my text messages. He said that they are working hard at matching orders with VINs. He said that when you text Tesla. It does go to your closet local store or service center. I apologized for my desperate text messages. 😆. Then he told me that I will probably get a Vin next week and get a delivery. The first week of May. Probably BullShit. He also so said that they have a lot of Vehicles coming in at the first two weeks of May. Probably Bullshit as well. I told him I will stop begging and Drunk Texting him. He said. It’s okay. It’s the best way to contact him. 😆

Tesla Location in Houston North just called me. A Guy told me he has been receiving my text messages. He said that they are working hard at matching orders with VINs. He said that when you text Tesla. It does go to your closet local store or service center. I apologized for my desperate text messages. 😆. Then he told me that I will probably get a Vin next week and get a delivery. The first week of May. Probably BullShit. He also so said that they have a lot of Vehicles coming in at the first two weeks of May. Probably Bullshit as well. I told him I will stop begging and Drunk Texting him. He said. It’s okay. It’s the best way to contact him. 😆
Yea probably bullshit, I get the same message from them too. “Vin assignment will likely take place at the beginning of your delivery window, and delivery at the later half of it…”

All this time I thought I would have to drive up to the delivery center but they actually are doing home delivery! I love our in the country but am happy either way.

I’m set for 5/9 in the afternoon. I will report back with how it went. I can’t believe I am almost in possession of my MY!!

All this time I thought I would have to drive up to the delivery center but they actually are doing home delivery! I love our in the country but am happy either way.

I’m set for 5/9 in the afternoon. I will report back with how it went. I can’t believe I am almost in possession of my MY!!
Congratulations 🎉🍾. Post some pictures.

Reactions: Linsinco