Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla insurance quote is For $203. Is this normal? I have no accidents or claims.
It is currently cheaper to use my Liberty Mutual. For the same amount of Coverage. It’s about $20 cheaper than the Tesla offer.

Reactions: utmiken
Wow congrats man. Sigh mine is still may 15-29.

Did you get an email or anything or you just checked the app and saw it?
I was trying to check source code for vin. But I couldn’t login on my MacBook. For about 30-45 minutes. Then I checked my phone. It said to complete task. I clicked on the blue button. It took me to the add insurance menu. I still saw no Vin. I closed the app and refreshed a couple of times. Then I saw the Vin.

No email or text from Tesla.

You are next. Probably Monday or Tuesday.

Reactions: diep89
Did you decide that trading in was a better deal than other offers? I had read elsewhere that folks were getting more money from carmax and other places even with the sales tax savings
It’s a older Mercedes. That I would never drive. Since I have kids. Tesla offered me. The same price as Carmax and Carvana.

Reactions: mikedjp
Tesla quoted me $168.
I'm at $96 thru state farm with much better coverage
Thanks for that info. I’m going to keep the Tesla insurance for the first 2 month’s. See if it drops. If it doesn’t drop to the low hundreds. I know I can get a better rate with Liberty Mutual. I’m currently paying $200 for 3 vehicles. One vehicle is brand new. I wanted the Tesla insurance. Thinking it may give you a faster response or repair time. But I don’t plan on having an Accident. I hope not. 😆

Tesla quoted me $168.
I'm at $96 thru state farm with much better coverage
I checked out State Farm. The quote was cheaper than my current insurance for adding the model y and Way cheaper than using Tesla insurance. I’m going to add the Model Y to my insurance then probably switch to State Farm for my entire policy. Thanks

I checked out State Farm. The quote was cheaper than my current insurance for adding the model y and Way cheaper than using Tesla insurance. I’m going to add the Model Y to my insurance then probably switch to State Farm for my entire policy. Thanks
for home and auto multiline discount, SF saved me a lot over Amica that I was with for 15 years. I should have been shopping around a lot sooner.
Good luck on your delivery. Looks like you got a Femont Vin. I was hoping to see Austin VINs this go around.

Reactions: Jones1
I ended up with Travelers, which I doubt it's the cheapest, neither I am good at shopping/comparing things. However their support is stellar when you need them. better be,,, I pay 2497/year for 2 cars (2018 Ford Expedition/2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) which is a lil more than 100 per month per car. I guess more or less that is the price all across the board right ?
In Italy it cost a FRACTION of the above :D

Reactions: Jones1