Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow rates have Ran up.
I took the Tesla financing offer. I’m glad I did at 3.2% I just looked at Bank of America. It was 2.7 not too long ago. Now it’s 3.69% for 72 months. Even with my discounts. It’s back to 3.19
TDECU has 2.49 for 48 months.
DCU has 3.24. I think it’s .25 lower for an EV.
PenFed is Showing 3.49
3 percent is the New 1.9 or 2 percent. 😆
Just went with UFCU at 2.2% for 60 - not sure if it makes a difference, but this is my second Tesla with them (paid off when sold) and we have another car with them at 1.95%. I like working with them. They're responsive and quick to turn things around.

Reactions: Jones1
Just went with UFCU at 2.2% for 60 - not sure if it makes a difference, but this is my second Tesla with them (paid off when sold) and we have another car with them at 1.95%. I like working with them. They're responsive and quick to turn things around.
UFCU do you have to be member before you apply? Sorry I never heard of them. I’m on their
website right now.

I guess I’m a little nervous. This is my first Tesla. I’m still use to haggling. Threatening to leave. Telling the Dealership. I’ll buy a ford. I don’t want your Toyota. 😂. Maybe my next Tesla. Hopefully the CyberTruck. I will be a savy loan finder. I just applied for TDECU. They say the rate starts at 2.49%.

UFCU do you have to be member before you apply? Sorry I never heard of them. I’m on their
website right now.
When I joined in 2020 the option to join was to donate to The Longhorn Foundation. It was 5 bucks at the time, but then they also opened a savings account for me to be a member and do auto loans and deposited $5 in there. I think now it says it is $20 and I'm not sure if they'll refund you. The credit union is associated with the University of Texas.

When I joined in 2020 the option to join was to donate to The Longhorn Foundation. It was 5 bucks at the time, but then they also opened a savings account for me to be a member and do auto loans and deposited $5 in there. I think now it says it is $20 and I'm not sure if they'll refund you. The credit union is associated with the University of Texas.
I didn't answer the question. No they didn't require me to be a member just to apply.

Today I went to Gulf Coast Autoshield, just south of Westheimer, I met John the owner, and I already booked my full tint service with Xpel good stuff (yes I don't have a car so no, I didn't really book, but in my mind I did).
I will do Tint + rebadge i black + I am debating on Internal Protection. He spoke about Xpel touchscreen film (satin) as being better than those glass screen protectors that cost 50 USD on Amazon. I might get that too and central console wrapping as well. Not sure yet but very tempted.

Thoughts?

Today I went to Gulf Coast Autoshield, just south of Westheimer, I met John the owner, and I already booked my full tint service with Xpel good stuff (yes I don't have a car so no, I didn't really book, but in my mind I did).
I will do Tint + rebadge i black + I am debating on Internal Protection. He spoke about Xpel touchscreen film (satin) as being better than those glass screen protectors that cost 50 USD on Amazon. I might get that too and central console wrapping as well. Not sure yet but very tempted.

Thoughts?
😆

I will be getting tint. Texas heat his a Killer. I’ve purchased black badge’s from Amazon and dual motor performance badge. The screen protector I purchased from Amazon too. It’s a Spigen I believe. I thought about trying to do the PPF my self. But I know I will not have the time to mess it up. So I will provost someone to do it. I only want to get the front done.
Did they give you a quote?

Yes they did, a ballpark quote.
I specifically asked for the following thanks to what I learnt in this forum, and the number was around 1000 USD

Xpel Prime XR Plus
70 Windshield
45 roof

Xpel Prime XR
30 front passengers
55 rear passengers and rear glass

Update for the Delivery
I got vin 5/7
I was told today MYP should arrive in Houston on 5/18
My window is still 5/20-5/24
I think they hold it for a few days to get temp tags and inspection.

If you are doing a trade in with Tesla. You will receive a package from them via UPS. You have to sign documents. Take pictures of documents. Email the pictures to Tesla. Then Tesla will tell you to send the full documents with signed vin back to them with their provided UPS return label.

Reactions: ILMMYP and carpendj
Wow rates have Ran up.
I took the Tesla financing offer. I’m glad I did at 3.2% I just looked at Bank of America. It was 2.7 not too long ago. Now it’s 3.69% for 72 months. Even with my discounts. It’s back to 3.19
TDECU has 2.49 for 48 months.
DCU has 3.24. I think it’s .25 lower for an EV.
PenFed is Showing 3.49
3 percent is the New 1.9 or 2 percent. 😆
Damn that went up fast. I locked mine at 2.2% with UFCU just a few weeks ago.

website right now.
Yes you do but that is no issue at all.

Just call their auto loans people. You will always be able to get hold of someone and speak to a real person.
Their service is incredible!! Trust me on this. I have done three loans with these guys and they are super responsive. They also know the Tesla process.

As long as you do your part and stay on top of what they need from you, it will only take hours.

As soon as I was approved and they received the Tesla paperwork from me, they went ahead with the ACH payment.
They finance for Tesla purchases all the time so they know what they are doing.

Don't forget to think about the Sales Tax. If that is coming out of your own pocket then no need to factor that into the loan. But if you want to finance that piece too, make sure you ask for that to be included.

About 3 days after I took delivery, Tesla sent me the paperwork via FedEX. I had to visit my local DMV and pay the sales tax. DMV then handed me the real plates and Texas window sticker.
All went so well.

Lot of frustration from ordering the car to waiting and waiting and waiting with little info.

Once the VIN was assigned, Tesla service improved and everything went real smooth.

PM me if you have any questions. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jones1 and ILMMYP
Update for the Delivery
I got vin 5/7
I was told today MYP should arrive in Houston on 5/18
My window is still 5/20-5/24
I think they hold it for a few days to get temp tags and inspection.

If you are doing a trade in with Tesla. You will receive a package from them via UPS. You have to sign documents. Take pictures of documents. Email the pictures to Tesla. Then Tesla will tell you to send the full documents with signed vin back to them with their provided UPS return label.
Thanks for the trade in info. My SA changed answers within the same phone call today when asking about trade in process 🤨

Have they let you schedule delivery yet?

I’m still waiting on the MYP but my M3LR is in transit and has an EDD a few days after yours so I appreciate the updates.

Thanks for the trade in info. My SA changed answers within the same phone call today when asking about trade in process 🤨

Have they let you schedule delivery yet?

I’m still waiting on the MYP but my M3LR is in transit and has an EDD a few days after yours so I appreciate the updates.
No I’m still waiting to setup delivery. I believe they may be waiting until they receive the signed documents and title back. It’s 2 day shipping via UPS. I have noticed that I don’t have my MVPA available yet. I’m thinking it’s because they want to wait and subtract the trade in from my total price. On the app when I try to click on review documents. It’s opens a blank page in the app. The website doesn’t show anything for MVPA too.

P.S. My early post a said signed Vin. I meant signed title. For trade in.

Reactions: ILMMYP
They Pushed me. 😢 & it hurts.
1652371509014.jpeg