Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will probably contact Tesla today. To see if the vehicle is on the lot for Saturday pickup. I would hate to get a delayed delivery at the last minute. Has anyone reach out to see if their Y is on the lot yet?

I will probably contact Tesla today. To see if the vehicle is on the lot for Saturday pickup. I would hate to get a delayed delivery at the last minute. Has anyone reach out to see if their Y is on the lot yet?
Mine was originally scheduled for tomorrow, but SA called me from Westheimer location and say my car is still in transit and should be there today and they need another day to get temp tags ready among other things so I got rescheduled for Saturday.

I just sent them a text. The North Center is open on Sunday. I’m hoping I can pick up this weekend. I work around the Medical center. I don’t want to pickup on a weekday. 45N traffic is horrible.

I just got an email from Tesla. Also a text message. Asking me to sign documents for temporary paper tags. I’m glad the Astros are losing right now. I wouldn’t looked at my phone or iPad. Smh.
Does this mean that your car arrived in the lot and they started processing it? 🤔

Edit: just refreshed the page and saw your answer 😬

Does this mean that your car arrived in the lot and they started processing it? 🤔

Edit: just refreshed the page and saw your answer 😬
Well that’s what I was thinking. That if they ask you to sign documents for temp tag. So the vehicle is on the lot. But apparently not. @diep89 Signed his tag documents on Tuesday. His Y is supposed to arrive today. Idk

Reactions: ILMMYP
I just sent them a text. The North Center is open on Sunday. I’m hoping I can pick up this weekend. I work around the Medical center. I don’t want to pickup on a weekday. 45N traffic is horrible.
I just sent another Text message to Tesla. They are dodging me like @AlbertVanK Now. I’m going to wait another hour. Then call them. Maybe drive by there later too. 😆

They just replied.
1652975114602.jpeg

Reactions: amajoh
Yeah. It’s first world problems. But the pain is real. 😆
I was thinking about the same.
When I test drove I was ecstatic, but that happens many times when you test drive a new car, especially in this price range.
This week I was with my neighbor (cool guy) and I test drove 3 of his cars: Ferrari 812, Audi RSQ8 and Merc G Wagon AMG 63. I mean all wonderful toys, none of which gave me the feeling of "driving the future"....I still think about that day I floored the MY (non P) on Westheimer Road....

Tesla offers a "Different" buying experience.

PRO
No price hassle/knife fight with the Assistant to the Regional Sales Manager selling you VIN etching...
No pressure at any time (I PUT PRESSURE not them)
No follow up calls from the aforementioned Manager (I CALL not them)
No time WASTED at a dealer smelling rubber and drinking Texas mud (I am from Italy, I have a coffe bar set VERY high)

CONS
No idea when a car is available for me
No tint (well at least I will do a top quality one)
No Trade in (personal, I am selling elsewhere for a profit)

Reactions: Jones1
This is my first Tesla. Before Covid, Shortages & shutdowns. It was a faster smoother buying experience. I believe. My next Tesla purchase. I won’t be a rookie and I know how the process unfolds. I told my wife. We put the order in last year. If we wanted to we could flip it for $8000 By Monday. With the price of gas and the lack of Vehicles. Tesla’s and other EV’s. Are in demand. We won’t be selling. Unless I got a Model X. 😂

Last edited:
Jones1
I was told the car was build and in transit. Do you know roughly how many days shipping is?
I got my Vin on 5/7 on Tuesday I asked via text was the Y at the delivery center. They told me in a couple of days. They would expect it there. Today they confirmed. It was at the center. I’m thinking it was about 11-12 days for transporting. Then I believe it can take up to 72 hours for them to inspect and put paper tags on it.

Reactions: RescueRangers