Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did that today man, and the guys just said we can only see what I can. Sigh
They don't even bother answering me. I called the Tesla phone number from Google, and the nicest lady on Earth told me the exact day my car would arrive in H Town, the likely day of delivery and what to do with pending items.
Whoever is on the other side of the Westheimer text is a very unprofessional random entity.

Reactions: Jones1
Going to share my experience as I searched for car insurance and loan.

Received a pre-approval loan from Lightstream 4% for 60 months with a credit score of 725 about a month ago.
Two weeks ago I applied with UFCU and got a 2.4% loan for 72 months or 2.2% for 60. I send them the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) then they wired the money to Tesla. No proof of income or car insurance. No delays or additional calls needed.
For car insurance I received quotes from Geico, Progressive and Costco Auto insurance. Geico and Progressive both quoted $175 per month. Costco quoted me $175 for two vehicles (2018 Prius Prime). Better coverage and lower deductible.
Just wanted to share my findings.
Some on else said UFCU was still giving a low rate. That’s amazing. Good deal. State Farm had me around that for just my 2 vehicles. Tesla is now showing me $121 with Gap. That I probably don’t need.

They don't even bother answering me. I called the Tesla phone number from Google, and the nicest lady on Earth told me the exact day my car would arrive in H Town, the likely day of delivery and what to do with pending items.
Whoever is on the other side of the Westheimer text is a very unprofessional random entity.
Yeah. I had to keep trying. Then one person called me. They were actually accurate . Said they were local. The guy was like 2 days off from his Vin estimate. But I kept on harassing them. 😆

Received a pre-approval loan from Lightstream 4% for 60 months with a credit score of 725 about a month ago.
Two weeks ago I applied with UFCU and got a 2.4% loan for 72 months or 2.2% for 60. I send them the MVPA (motor vehicle purchase agreement) then they wired the money to Tesla. No proof of income or car insurance. No delays or additional calls needed.
For car insurance I received quotes from Geico, Progressive and Costco Auto insurance. Geico and Progressive both quoted $175 per month. Costco quoted me $175 for two vehicles (2018 Prius Prime). Better coverage and lower deductible.
When do you get the MVPA?

We picked up our M3 last night from North Houston. Our SA told us that they did 18 delivery appointments yesterday with many more cars left to deliver due to several batches arriving at once. Lots of delivery appointments had been changed by a few days. Ours got pushed from morning to evening. Our temp tags arrived only mins before our appointment. We had to park halfway down the building because literally every nearby spot was filled with a Tesla - even the superchargers had a line. They had a lull in deliveries until recently due to transport logistics issues.

I should have asked for more insight about MYP status but was too excited about the new M3 🤩

Fingers crossed those with Feb orders get vins/take delivery soon!

When I picked up last Saturday from North Houston. The SA told me. I had the first pickup that morning. He had 21 left to do that Day. 😆
He told me they have to bring them around from the back as people pickup from the front. While I was sitting in my car waiting. I saw them bring about 2 M3’s and 4 MY’s. They are slinging these vehicles out like waffles at Waffle House.

• Funny
Reactions: ILMMYP

ATX here...been using UFCU for years on 4 teslas now..they are by far the easiest credit union to work with. I am doing 84 mo @ 2.5% on my Y that should be here any day.

For insurance, I would also check out Texas Farm Bureau.

Careful in those tiny curving drive thru lanes! MYP wheels are curb magnets 🤦‍♂️
Had my wheel guy out twice already

Attachments

• 68FE6D45-88B1-4562-8A2A-7097DB084D00.jpeg
    68FE6D45-88B1-4562-8A2A-7097DB084D00.jpeg
    662.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 34A2C15B-51C4-42D2-8357-CBD2844622AF.jpeg
    34A2C15B-51C4-42D2-8357-CBD2844622AF.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 42
Careful in those tiny curving drive thru lanes! MYP wheels are curb magnets 🤦‍♂️
Had my wheel guy out twice already
These type of information are great to share, I am happy we have a little corner for Tesla Owners. We should probably make a Discord channel and use it for Houston folks, we invite your Wheel Guy of course, we will give him jobs, he will give us discount. Same for tint, coat and so on, all local guys.
Sorry my BDM soul kicks in :D

Wow. He did a good job. How much did it cost?
I saw a product called rim saver but the best product is getting a wider tire later as you need tires.
These were repaired by Joshua Korb who’s done maybe thousands of Tesla wheels by now. He’s well known in the Houston Tesla Community and travels all over town to do onsite repairs. He’s based in Magnolia if I’m not mistaken. He comes to my office, repairs in the parking lot, sends me before and after pics, then I send Venmo and he’s in his way. Easy Peasy!
Price depends on severity of damage but on mine you’re looking at $75 a wheel and I leave him a tip for his travels. I’ve seen his work on much worse, I mean chunks taken off. Anyone need his # just DM me

These type of information are great to share, I am happy we have a little corner for Tesla Owners. We should probably make a Discord channel and use it for Houston folks, we invite your Wheel Guy of course, we will give him jobs, he will give us discount. Same for tint, coat and so on, all local guys.
Sorry my BDM soul kicks in :D
Already a large group on FB as mentioned. You all should join!

Attachments

• 2999EA5A-237B-4F70-BD78-ACB5230223B2.jpeg
    2999EA5A-237B-4F70-BD78-ACB5230223B2.jpeg
    916.5 KB · Views: 44