Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a trade in and I put a down money too.

The trade in value will be subtracted from your total purchase price. It will be listed on your Titlw paperwork from Tesla. That you use to get the vehicle registered. You should pay taxes on that amount. So if your trade in was $5000 but the Tesla cost $70,000. You should pay the TTL on $65000.
For your trade in. Tesla will ask you to send pictures of the odometer to an email address. When it’s time for them to process your trade.
Then they will give you an offer in app. You accept the offer or reject it. After you accept the offer. Tesla will send you a UPS package for trade in. It will come from Tesla Registration services I believe. Tesla will have you sign the Highlighted sections. Take pictures of your signed title. Then email that to Tesla trade in department. They will accept your pictures.( I think it’s more of away to make sure you did it right.) Then with the label that Tesla sent you with your documents to sign. You mail back your Title signed and documents. It’s a 2 day ship. Both ways. After that Tesla will update your Financing documents. Reflecting the Trade in. On the day of pick up. You bring your car. Tesla SA’s. Don’t even look at it while you are there. They give No Fukk’s. About it. 😆. They tell you to get your stuff out. I took my license plate off. They told me I didn’t need too. You give them the keys. Then you leave in your Tesla.

Sorry if that was too much info. I wanted to hit all angles. 😆

Reactions: amajoh and mikedjp
I’ve been planning to get solar. I’ve looked at 3 different companies. In February I decided to go with Tesla. But I wanted to wait and get financing for the Y. Before I applied for Tesla Solar and Powerwall. I have seen much info for our area on TMC. I’ve asked my Neighbors about it. But I don’t want to bother them to much. So I started a thread. If anyone is interested.

Reactions: mikedjp
I know this is the Houston thread, but I wasn’t going to create one for Austin. Any idea how long it takes them to ship from Fremont to Texas? VIN assigned 5/23 and paid for the vehicle 5/25, but no scheduled delivery still. I only have an estimated window 6/4/-6/8. When are you usually able to schedule your appointment?
My VIN was assigned 5/20, service center said the car will arrive in Houston in 6/1, picking up 6/4.

I used a trade in and I put a down money too.

The trade in value will be subtracted from your total purchase price. It will be listed on your Titlw paperwork from Tesla. That you use to get the vehicle registered. You should pay taxes on that amount. So if your trade in was $5000 but the Tesla cost $70,000. You should pay the TTL on $65000.
For your trade in. Tesla will ask you to send pictures of the odometer to an email address. When it’s time for them to process your trade.
Then they will give you an offer in app. You accept the offer or reject it. After you accept the offer. Tesla will send you a UPS package for trade in. It will come from Tesla Registration services I believe. Tesla will have you sign the Highlighted sections. Take pictures of your signed title. Then email that to Tesla trade in department. They will accept your pictures.( I think it’s more of away to make sure you did it right.) Then with the label that Tesla sent you with your documents to sign. You mail back your Title signed and documents. It’s a 2 day ship. Both ways. After that Tesla will update your Financing documents. Reflecting the Trade in. On the day of pick up. You bring your car. Tesla SA’s. Don’t even look at it while you are there. They give No Fukk’s. About it. 😆. They tell you to get your stuff out. I took my license plate off. They told me I didn’t need too. You give them the keys. Then you leave in your Tesla.

Sorry if that was too much info. I wanted to hit all angles. 😆

Trade-in Value​

A trade-in is a process of selling your vehicle to the dealership in exchange for credit toward purchasing another vehicle. Don't expect too much value when trading in old cars to dealerships. Selling old cars privately and using the funds for a future car purchase tends to result in a more financially desirable outcome.

In most of the states that collect sales tax on auto purchases (not all do), the sales tax collected is based on the difference between the new car and trade-in price. For a $30,000 new car purchase with a $10,000 trade-in value, the tax paid on the new purchase with an 8% tax rate is:

($30,000 - $10,000) × 8% = $1,600

Some states do not offer any sales tax reduction with trade-ins, including California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, and Virginia. This Auto Loan Calculator automatically adjusts the method used to calculate sales tax involving Trade-in Value based on the state provided.

Using the values from the example above, if the new car was purchased in a state without a sales tax reduction for trade-ins, the sales tax would be:

$30,000 × 8% = $2,400

This comes out to be an $800 difference which could be a reason for people selling a car in these states to consider a private sale.

pulled this from Auto Loan Calculator

Reactions: Jones1
It was easy in my case. My 2021 Rubicon was spotless, only 8k miles and fully loaded. It had manual transmission, and was truly not for everyone, although he did teach me one pedal drive......
Tesla was offering me 44.600, while privately I had an offer for 52.000.
I sold it to getmethevin.com , a very easy process, super professional and courteous buyer (that I fully recommend).
The added value will offset by a margin the tax credit in case of trade in.

Reactions: Jones1 and mikedjp
It was easy in my case. My 2021 Rubicon was spotless, only 8k miles and fully loaded. It had manual transmission, and was truly not for everyone, although he did teach me one pedal drive......
Tesla was offering me 44.600, while privately I had an offer for 52.000.
I sold it to getmethevin.com , a very easy process, super professional and courteous buyer (that I fully recommend).
The added value will offset by a margin the tax credit in case of trade in.
i looked in to them and they want to screw me over on the price for my ranger lol

I got 32.100 from Tesla for my 2016 4-wd 4Runner with 71k miles. So far that’s better than carmax, carvana and getmyvin.com’s estimate, fwiw. Plus I’ll probably save another $1000 on sales tax.

Seems like everyone is getting mixed results. Try everything and take the best deal for you.

Reactions: Jones1