Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please send me links on what to get to charge Tesla from my dryer 14-30 plug? Do I need 14-30 adapter from tesla? maybe a short extension cord? I have a gas dryer so this outlet will be dedicated to charging. Can a short extension cord be used? Or link to any thread that explains what I need to get? Thank you!!
14-30 Nema check the outlet. Match it.

1654018103967.png

Reactions: vicarine
Can someone please send me links on what to get to charge Tesla from my dryer 14-30 plug? Do I need 14-30 adapter from tesla? maybe a short extension cord? I have a gas dryer so this outlet will be dedicated to charging. Can a short extension cord be used? Or link to any thread that explains what I need to get? Thank you!!
It depends on the year the outlet was installed.
If’s it is 14-30. Then I have one.
image.jpg

I was going to buy this for my Mother’s home. For when I travel to visit her. She has a 14-30 in her garage. It’s pricey. But it is plug in play. It allows you to keep your dryer plugged in. While you have your EV plugged in. Then it switches power. As you need to dry clothing.
Splitvolt NEMA 14-30/14-50 Splitter Switch (TM) 14-30 Plug to 14-30 Outlet (A) & 14-50 Outlet (B) - Automatic Power Switching for Dryer & EV, Internal Safety Breaker & Real-time Display, 24 Amp, 240V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QBN98K1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZAHF5H37346N19BBAXDB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I just sold my truck to Driveo. They are located at Mac Haik dealership on I10 and Kirkwood. They gave me $1200 more than Carmax offered me. They cut me a check. It says Mac Haik but the told me I can deposit it after 5pm today. Or I could get the money transferred by tomorrow morning. I sweating bullets till 5pm and tomorrow. I hope it goes well. I don’t want to have to go back over there to get my truck. 😆

I was going to buy this for my Mother’s home. For when I travel to visit her. She has a 14-30 in her garage. It’s pricey. But it is plug in play. It allows you to keep your dryer plugged in. While you have your EV plugged in. Then it switches power. As you need to dry clothing.
Splitvolt NEMA 14-30/14-50 Splitter Switch (TM) 14-30 Plug to 14-30 Outlet (A) & 14-50 Outlet (B) - Automatic Power Switching for Dryer & EV, Internal Safety Breaker & Real-time Display, 24 Amp, 240V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QBN98K1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZAHF5H37346N19BBAXDB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I think just an adapter should be fine since I don't have the dryer plugged :) That looks cool though! thank you

Reactions: Jones1
I received a VIN yesterday (05/30) and just went thru financing with DCU. DCU is super easier, I got 2.74% for 65 months. They just sent the check to Tesla, that is super quick.
I just contacted my SA and he said the delivery truck will be in Houston around 06/09 and I will pick up around 06/12.
Now I will get my garage ready...
I hope I will get one by then too :)) congrats!!

Reactions: mikedjp and Jones1
You and me both, same day. However I have the service center delivery. Just curious, did you ask for home delivery or you live far from a service center?
They told me if you live within 30 miles from service center. You can do a home delivery. Anything further and you have to go to pick up. I wanted to be there. Just in case it was something major. But there won’t be anything major. I think they touch/ punch list the Tesla’s up. That’s why we have to wait a couple days. While the print paper tags and get the vehicle inspected.

I’m 6ft 225. I’m a big guy. Lol. I noticed my seat. If I rock in it. Like getting in or out. It has a rattle. Like a bolt is a little loose. It was after a 100 miles. When I noticed it. Tesla said they will look at it. At my Service appointment. In a couple weeks. It’s not a problem the seat works fine. Just check your seats.

Door protection PPF.
EV Amor. $25 for 4 piece Amazon.
I just sold my truck. My wife’s Diamond rings. Left scratch marks all on the door handle area. My wife’s Toyota came with PPF on the door handle area. Tesla’s don’t come with it.

Door protection PPF.
I just sold my truck. My wife’s Diamond rings. Left scratch marks all on the door handle area. My wife’s Toyota came with PPF on the door handle area. Tesla’s don’t come with it.

Is it noticeable? The video is in a fairly low light, I wonder in plain Texas sun if you can see it and if it yellows. My PPF (factory applied) on the Jeep was yellow AF

Is it noticeable? The video is in a fairly low light, I wonder in plain Texas sun if you can see it and if it yellows. My PPF (factory applied) on the Jeep was yellow AF
Sorry. It’s about the same. As the rear PPF from Tesla. It’s a little thinner mil. Yes would will notice it close up. Not far away. Only a full PPF wrap will be unnoticeable. It looks like it was dealer installed. Like Toyota or another manufacturer. If it look crappy. I would take it off. It’s only $25. I’ll take some pictures in the morning. When I get to work. The Astros are about to play. 😆
0A9171E1-0749-4888-AD7E-A5FE5F2C5685.jpeg

7D0547F9-B33E-4AED-9F1C-A4DDEFE0FF50.jpeg

You and me both, same day. However I have the service center delivery. Just curious, did you ask for home delivery or you live far from a service center?
I live 10 miles from the new service center that just opened near Cypress. They offered the home delivery and I asked if there was any benefit to having it done at the service center but they claimed there was no benefit. So I opted for home delivery

Last edited:
Door protection PPF.

Sell diamonds = no scratches + pay off Tesla. Problem solved!!!

• Funny
Have been lurking a while in this thread. Finally joined and able to post.

Ordered a MYP Black/Black on 4/25 and have been refreshing the app over and over every day since ordering!

EDD 7/19 - 8/30
EDD 7/18 -8/22
EDD 6/7 - 6/21

Updated to June this weekend. I'm so excited and absolutely can't wait for the car. Hoping it doesn't fall in the window of my upcoming trip 6/15-6/19.

You all getting all weather mats/ seat back/ trunk/frunk protectors? Trying to decide between Tesmanian and 3dmax spider. Might just do tint first and pick up mats later though.

Hope you all get deliveries sooner than later!

Have been lurking a while in this thread. Finally joined and able to post.

Ordered a MYP Black/Black on 4/25 and have been refreshing the app over and over every day since ordering!

EDD 7/19 - 8/30
EDD 7/18 -8/22
EDD 6/7 - 6/21

Updated to June this weekend. I'm so excited and absolutely can't wait for the car. Hoping it doesn't fall in the window of my upcoming trip 6/15-6/19.

You all getting all weather mats/ seat back/ trunk/frunk protectors? Trying to decide between Tesmanian and 3dmax spider. Might just do tint first and pick up mats later though.

Hope you all get deliveries sooner than later!
I just don’t understand this at all. You ordered over a month after me and have essentially the same EDD

Reactions: amajoh
I got the exact same thing. Ordered two days before you did and got the vin two days sooner. That’s a rare case of consistency from Tesla!
Congrats! Have the same model but ordered 3/2. VIN assigned 5/23. Delivery scheduled 6/11. Tesla’s ordering system is
I received a VIN yesterday (05/30) and just went thru financing with DCU. DCU is super easier, I got 2.74% for 65 months. They just sent the check to Tesla, that is super quick.
I just contacted my SA and he said the delivery truck will be in Houston around 06/09 and I will pick up around 06/12.
Now I will get my garage ready...
Yup, did the same financing and got that rate too. Glad we were able to get it under 3 with rates increasing. It sure was a super easy process.