Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously! This is the same problem I have. I also am 4 months out on inspection and a few thousand over on my oil change. Also, have lost several thousand in value of my current car. It just sucks.
I heard that the used car bubble is about to "pop"... I am just hoping it happens after I take delivery... since I'm still paying my car off, so a few months ago I had an estimated offer on CarMax that was 4.5k over what I owe.. now its just 1k :rolleyes: Luckily I did an oil change once I saw delivery estimate back in March since service was way overdue already. I looked into another hybrid/electric cars as well - but none are available on the lot so there is still wait time and most dealerships mark up new cars if you want to get them fast. I saw a post from a Los Angeles area dealership - they want 26k extra on an 80k Lexus to get it within 3 weeks - it's ridiculous. Not sure if all dealerships do that. I think Ford does that from what I heard as well ( wanted to check out Mach E). Rivian looks nice as well and has a 3 row SUV - but that one is over a year wait

Update.
Good luck to all. On getting there Tesla's.
I went back to Tint World Atascocita. They fixed my tint. I had a bubble on the Drivers side front. They had a junkie employee. I suspect. He is no longer there. Ask for Chris to do your install. If you go or live in the same area. $150 , %30 Xpel Ceramic Front two windows is what I got installed.

Reactions: Jetblasts
I heard that the used car bubble is about to "pop"... I am just hoping it happens after I take delivery... since I'm still paying my car off, so a few months ago I had an estimated offer on CarMax that was 4.5k over what I owe.. now its just 1k :rolleyes: Luckily I did an oil change once I saw delivery estimate back in March since service was way overdue already. I looked into another hybrid/electric cars as well - but none are available on the lot so there is still wait time and most dealerships mark up new cars if you want to get them fast. I saw a post from a Los Angeles area dealership - they want 26k extra on an 80k Lexus to get it within 3 weeks - it's ridiculous. Not sure if all dealerships do that. I think Ford does that from what I heard as well ( wanted to check out Mach E). Rivian looks nice as well and has a 3 row SUV - but that one is over a year wait
My Telluride has already dropped in value below what I paid, but the Model Y continues to go up. I was okay with sticking with my Telluride instead of getting a 2023 but I truly want the Model Y updated. I fee like we got a 2020.5

Reactions: vicarine
Update.
Good luck to all. On getting there Tesla's.
I went back to Tint World Atascocita. They fixed my tint. I had a bubble on the Drivers side front. They had a junkie employee. I suspect. He is no longer there. Ask for Chris to do your install. If you go or live in the same area. $150 , %30 Xpel Ceramic Front two windows is what I got installed.
I used "Super Tint & Alarms Houston" just north of 610 off of Ella Blvd. They did an outstanding job in about 1hr.

Reactions: Jones1
Visited the ever popular John at Gulf Coast Auto Shield.

20% Xpel XR Front Windows
70% Xpel XR Rear Windows and Rear Windshield
70% Xpel XR Plus Front Windshield

Held off on the glass roof for now. But driving with no tint for a week with the record heat was awful.
2E67FD4C-18FB-4E82-9844-9F4EC4E53C3E.jpeg

I have an EDD of july 25th - 29th. Already have a VIN and it's coming from Fremont to Houston. Just got the text that it left and it's on it's way. How long does it typically take to get here and is ready for delivery? Will it beat the 25th date? Already have a trade in appraisal from Tesla from a week ago but from what I read they won't negotiate it unless it's expired? Anyway, I think i'll go through the rounds of appraisals again to see if I get enough to not have to trade into Tesla. appraisal value to beat is 65. Just got one from Driveway for 67k but I don't think they will get everything done in time.

I have an EDD of july 25th - 29th. Already have a VIN and it's coming from Fremont to Houston. Just got the text that it left and it's on it's way. How long does it typically take to get here and is ready for delivery? Will it beat the 25th date? Already have a trade in appraisal from Tesla from a week ago but from what I read they won't negotiate it unless it's expired? Anyway, I think i'll go through the rounds of appraisals again to see if I get enough to not have to trade into Tesla. appraisal value to beat is 65. Just got one from Driveway for 67k but I don't think they will get everything done in time.
Congrats! I changed to MYP back in May and still no VIN 😩

Congrats! I changed to MYP back in May and still no VIN 😩
I sat on a LR order since January, but with rates going up and trade in and sale prices going up, I figured going with a MYP could negate some of those extra costs while getting something a little extra. some of the appraisal values i'm getting are going up. I wish Tesla could re-appraise their trade in offer.

Reactions: vicarine
I sat on a LR order since January, but with rates going up and trade in and sale prices going up, I figured going with a MYP could negate some of those extra costs while getting something a little extra. some of the appraisal values i'm getting are going up. I wish Tesla could re-appraise their trade in offer.
Our trade-in expired after our EDD got pushed to 8/1-9/5. For grins, we resubmitted it on the app (2021 MY LR) and the value went up, and they gave it another 30-day trade window. So if you are trading a Tesla, at least, the trend is in the right direction.

Our trade-in expired after our EDD got pushed to 8/1-9/5. For grins, we resubmitted it on the app (2021 MY LR) and the value went up, and they gave it another 30-day trade window. So if you are trading a Tesla, at least, the trend is in the right direction.
My only issue is that the car is probably going to arrive before our trade in offer expires. In just one week, Values have already trended upward. I was hoping the trade in offer could be increased just to avoid the hassle of having to go to two places

Reactions: Travelguy73
Hey. We'll be delivery buddies I think(at least on the same transport)! Got a VIN today F495. Super excited!

MYP | Black | Black | Ordered 4/25

EDD 7/19 - 8/30 | EDD 7/18 -8/22 | EDD 6/7 - 6/21 | EDD 7/18 -8/22 | EDD 7/27 -8/24 | EDD July 27 - July 31

Reactions: EL CapiTRAN
are you trading anything in or selling? if so how has your selling process been going?
Just ran a new Carvana quote. It was up about 1500 again. More than I paid for my current car. Bought a 19 Mazda3 in dec that year. I've put 24k miles on it and am going to end up ahead almost 2k.(They just offered me 23,140) Hope that holds through the window here.

Have you determined insurance/ loan yet? I applied at DCU and also am going to mail back for the Carolina Cooperative DCU.

Insurance seems a bit crazy. Best quote I've found so far is around $950/6 months. Liberty Mutual quoted me $420.25 a month!!