Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, Texas - Model Y Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ii got the vin 7SAY from houston today but the deliver is tomorrow so i have to get everything done by tomorrow. The problem is i live in New Mexico and picking up in El Paso, Texas. So they said the registration might be a problem. Will have to figure all of this out, does any body know why they wont let me register my tesla from New Mexico even though im picking up in Texas.

check the gap in between the glovebox and the dash. I just received my M3P and there is a huge noticeable gap and I put in a service call for it this Friday. My wife's MY has a gap also but it's not noticeable unless you are looking for it. Doing some internet search, it seems this is common for Tesla and can involve replacing the glovebox or both it and the dash.
Yep, mine has a gap that’s being fixed by mobile next week. I didn’t even notice it until I got home from taking delivery.

Do you mind re sharing his number? Not finding it easily. I just scraped mine turning into the parking garage!
26F93101-2347-4B67-8BDF-49262C4D4BB1.jpeg

Reactions: mikedjp and Jones1
Buy the roof Sunshade. Parked at a resort or hotel parking lot for the last few day’s. I regret not getting the roof sunshade. I could go be running Cabin overheat protection a lot less if I had purchased one. I will when I get back for next time. Driving around it’s fine. Sitting in the sun for days. Is costing me a pocket full of quarters. To keep cool.
I’m assuming. Idk.

Last edited:
Buy the roof Sunshade. Parked at a resort or hotel parking lot for the last few day’s. I regret not getting the roof sunshade. I could go be running Cabin overheat protection a lot less if I had purchased one. I will when I get back for next time. Driving around it’s fine. Sitting in the sun for days. Is costing me a pocket full of quarters. To keep cool.
I’m assuming. Idk.
My neighbor has it. I like the glass roof though. I’m parked in a garage 95% of the time but could see it being an issue in a camping trip or something

Reactions: Jones1
My neighbor has it. I like the glass roof though. I’m parked in a garage 95% of the time but could see it being an issue in a camping trip or something
Yes. I agree. I wouldn’t want to drive around with the roof covered. But just sitting there. I’ve notice the battery has drained more with Overheat protection and sentry mode being used more. I’m thinking 3-5% more In 24hrs. I park in a garage at work and at home.

Just picked up my Austin made black MYLR. I went through every checklist item I could find and it’s immaculate. Very happy.

Btw. Is it normal that there is a humming sound 20 mins after I parked, turned off, and left it in my garage 20 mins later? Humming from under the hood. Not plugged in.

Just picked up my Austin made black MYLR. I went through every checklist item I could find and it’s immaculate. Very happy.

Btw. Is it normal that there is a humming sound 20 mins after I parked, turned off, and left it in my garage 20 mins later? Humming from under the hood. Not plugged in.
I heard the same at first. That is the sound of fan to cool off the battery.

Reactions: C Need
Grabbed a MY SR that was listed in San Antonio earlier today. I thought that they could deliver it to a Houston delivery center. I already added insurance and was working on getting a loan from a CU.

They just called me at 9PM asking if I can pick it up before midnight since they’re trying to make EOQ2 push. I said I couldn’t so they had to release the VIN ☹️

Well they couldn’t sell the car by midnight so I was able to keep it. Now trying to figure out if I should fly or take the bus to San Antonio 🤨
So, this might sound crazy, but you could Uber and it isn't all that expensive. Just looked right now and from my door to SA Tesla is $194.

You could also find a one way rental car which, would probably be more affordable.

Reactions: djuzi05