Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Houston, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a request via Tesla Club for some electric cars to display for the Grand Opening of Exploration Green (post Earth Day event):

Details:

Date: Saturday 25 April 2015
Time: 10am – 1pm
Address: 16511 Diana Ln, Houston, TX 77062 (parking lot next to Clear Lake City Recreation Center)

Space will be reserved for the cars. For those interested in attending, please RSVP to Doug:

Email: [email protected]

If you RSVP, and the event is cancelled for rain, Doug will let you know. I plan to be there if there is no rain, but Doug hasn't gotten a lot of RSVPs yet.

Additional detail here Exploration Green Conservancy.

I got a request via Tesla Club for some electric cars to display for the Grand Opening of Exploration Green (post Earth Day event):

Details:

Date: Saturday 25 April 2015
Time: 10am – 1pm
Address: 16511 Diana Ln, Houston, TX 77062 (parking lot next to Clear Lake City Recreation Center)

Space will be reserved for the cars. For those interested in attending, please RSVP to Doug:

Email: [email protected]

If you RSVP, and the event is cancelled for rain, Doug will let you know. I plan to be there if there is no rain, but Doug hasn't gotten a lot of RSVPs yet.

Additional detail here Exploration Green Conservancy.
Cool! That's walking distance from me. (Of course I'll drive anyway!) ;-) I've sent Doug a note.

State Inspection done this morning at Sterling McCall Lexus (SW Freeway).
Advantages:
Free coffee, and breakfast on Saturdays (it sounds like they alternate between omelettes and tacos)
Great WiFi
Easy check-in and pickup (but don't forget to leave your key as I always do)
They wash your car
I've trained 'em for you - they now know to only charge for the Safety inspections at $7, not the $25 Emissions/Safety fee!

LOL.
Rick

Last edited:
No, but the Tesla comes with an adapter for the J1772 plug that connects it to the car's charging port.

Indeed. First you tap the card (or use the app) to activate the ChargePoint, then you can take the nozzle and attach your adaptor. Then sometimes you may have to unlock the Tesla's charge port again but either way, once it lets you plug it in, you're green. :)

My wife and I ordered a white 70D. Should arrive in late June. Got pano roof, next gen seats, auto pilot, and premium interior pkg.

Is there a guide on first things to take care of upon arrive? Such as tint, cquartz/opticoat, etc?
Looking forward to this car and the forum, thanks.