Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how accurate is the delivery time shown on Tesla online account after placing a order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I placed an order for black color exterior model 3 SR+ on Nov 30th night right after test drive. The on-site adviser told me Nov 30th is the last date to reserve and place order in order to get a December delivery date. She said any order placed in Dec will be delivered in March earliest. So I went ahead and place an order for black exterior without giving much though.

5 days later after I did some research about problem maintaining black model 3, I decide to change and re-config to white exterior color. Now my Tesla online account is showing Estimated Delivery: 3 - 5 weeks from order placed date. I am a bit surprised that my color change did not delay my delivery time.

So..my question is...how accurate is delivery time shown on Tesla online account. If it shows Delivery 3-5 weeks from order place date, does that mean I will get the car in 5 weeks ?

Thank you so much.

Its not very accurate. I wouldn't worry about what the estimate says on the website, the SAs seem to have a better idea of estimates. For example, I had a 2 week delivery estimate in Oct and now the website doesn't give any timeframe for delivery.

I placed an order for black color exterior model 3 SR+ on Nov 30th night right after test drive. The on-site adviser told me Nov 30th is the last date to reserve and place order in order to get a December delivery date. She said any order placed in Dec will be delivered in March earliest.
That is what folks at Mt Kisco told me as well (on Dec 2), implying that I missed the deadline. Yet I did receive my VIN a few days ago, so maybe hoping it will end up being 3 weeks instead of 5...

Its not very accurate. I wouldn't worry about what the estimate says on the website, the SAs seem to have a better idea of estimates. For example, I had a 2 week delivery estimate in Oct and now the website doesn't give any timeframe for delivery.
It sounds like we all need a hug again this weekend :)
((((((((((((((((((((((((((( GROUP HUG ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Love
Reactions: psim3
Hello all,

I placed an order for black color exterior model 3 SR+ on Nov 30th night right after test drive. The on-site adviser told me Nov 30th is the last date to reserve and place order in order to get a December delivery date. She said any order placed in Dec will be delivered in March earliest. So I went ahead and place an order for black exterior without giving much though.

5 days later after I did some research about problem maintaining black model 3, I decide to change and re-config to white exterior color. Now my Tesla online account is showing Estimated Delivery: 3 - 5 weeks from order placed date. I am a bit surprised that my color change did not delay my delivery time.

So..my question is...how accurate is delivery time shown on Tesla online account. If it shows Delivery 3-5 weeks from order place date, does that mean I will get the car in 5 weeks ?

Thank you so much.
Mine said 4-6 weeks, but it got here in 1 week, all the way to Hawaii! Make sure you call the number on your email or account to connect with your advisor. They can give you the true time estimate.

1-382-million-so-you-re-saying-there-is-a-chance-16169787.png

• Funny
Reactions: astrorob
Little update.

I places orders on Nov 30th and changed exterior color to white on dec 6th. Now online account is saying expected deliver dec 24th. Just in time for xmas!!!

For some reason online is not showing VIN number but order advisor emailed me the VIN number