Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are the 3D MAXpider floor mats holding up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've only had mine for a week but they look great and I don't see how they could "Wear out, lose shape and slide around". They are actually fairly stiff. The hook material on the back is very heavy duty to the point it will poke your bare hands when you are getting them in place.

Either the person reporting the problems has a defective set of mats or they are just trolling.

Maxpider has been selling mats for S/X for years and if they had so many problems plenty of people would be confirming this one person's opinion.

//aside

The super picky detailer who is doing PPF/tint on my M3 yesterday noticed the mats right away and said "those look phenomenal, who makes those??".

We've only had the MAXpider mats in for a month or so, but they are absolutely perfect for our needs (wet West Coast weather + kids) and although we've never spent so much for floor mats, these seem worth every penny. One of the Tesla Mobile Service techs inquired where I'd gotten them and commented on how great they looked.

I was debating between the Maxpyders vs Tesla OEM and was going to pick Maxpyders so this might change my mind
I went with the OEM Tesla all-weather mats because the climate in northern CA is pretty mild. No snow and no rain for about half the year (basically dust and pollen the other 6 months). I grew up in Michigan (Cereal City!) and say the Maxpiders will outperform Tesla's in the winter, and when it rains.

The Tesla brand has virtually no rim to contain liquids, so if my daughter dumps another container of ramen in my car, it is off to the detailer. However, for my climate, I prefer the minimal look of the Tesla brand, way better than the flimsy lint-collecting factory carpet mats.

I've visited the www-u-ace.com website and I don't see any products for the Model 3 listed. Where are people getting the Maxpider for the Model 3 because I can't seem to find them.

Thanks!

They are sold by retailers to customers and yes for some reason are hard to find even listed. I thinks evtuning and partscatalog were a couple of sites that sold it (check around forum) and I also found another site in the west coast. However after all that I went with tuxmat and am happy (as yet :) )

I've visited the www-u-ace.com website and I don't see any products for the Model 3 listed. Where are people getting the Maxpider for the Model 3 because I can't seem to find them.

Thanks!

They are manufactured overseas and get shipped in batches to a few resellers here in the U.S. who have ordered them. There was I think one or two sources people have mentioned in Canada (Costco Canada being one). Some businesses like EVTuning and PartsCatalog will take pre-orders. Occasionally they will show up through a seller on Amazon or Ebay, sometimes in a limited quantity, sometimes several dozens. Wherever they show up they are a popular choice and get bought out quickly so if you see them don't take long to decide. Prices will vary somewhat, especially on the Amazon/Ebay accounts.

Had mine for a few weeks already and they are working great. I must say that the dirt seems to be more visible vs. the stock mat. For some reason I feel like I need to vacuum the car less with stock, but that is just me. Otherwise, I love the fact that it has a lot of coverage.

PS: been using the car to commute to work before and after switching the mat.

I was going to get Maxpyders. I placed an order through Amazon and they cancelled it because the backorder was so long. I ended up going with Tesla OEM though still haven’t gotten those either.

If I knew I could get the Maxpyders within a month, I’d order. But can’t find anyone with that kind of timeline.