Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How are the front Plaid seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go sit in a late model S (eg 2018 or later) and you’ll know if the seats work for you, as the front seats haven’t notably changed except the ventilation feature. The rear seats are the big change.

I have a bad back as well, and the bigger change for me sitting in the refreshed Model S is the new adaptive suspension, which is even better than the adaptive suspension in the Raven generation.

Go sit in a late model S (eg 2018 or later) and you’ll know if the seats work for you, as the front seats haven’t notably changed except the ventilation feature. The rear seats are the big change.

I have a bad back as well, and the bigger change for me sitting in the refreshed Model S is the new adaptive suspension, which is even better than the adaptive suspension in the Raven generation.
I thought the suspension was the same as that used in the Raven? Any source on the difference?

I thought the suspension was the same as that used in the Raven? Any source on the difference?
Unplugged Performance, who tore down their Plaid for the Pikes Peak race, informed me that the suspension is definitely new - not the same as the Raven suspension. Per what I shared in my review, it certainly feels better too. Others who have put their car on a lift have also confirmed it is not the same as Raven.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and glide
Are they wide enough for someone who is 190 pounds without the sides bolsters digging into your hips?

Will the front of the seat go low and the back (butt) part go high enought to flatten the seat? I need that since I have a bad back.
Highly subjective. 6’2” 270 and I’m good with them. Some people bigger then me though they were also comfortable but some people like 5’ 90 lbs didn’t.

Depends on what your used to. If you have back problems. A whole host of things.

I loved my Audi seats and didn’t like my first Tesla seats. But after a couple weeks driving the Tesla I hated getting back into the Audi seats.

Same thing with my first Temperpedic bed. The first two weeks were horrable. But I heard how great it was. One night after two weeks it became the most comfortable bed and I find that t hard to sleep on any other bed now. I’ve also never had neck pain from sleeping again and my back has never felt better.

Seats is not a reason to not buy a $150k car. You can always swap them out with aftermarket if it really bugs you after a few weeks.

Reactions: impastu
Uhhhh yeah it is. For $150K I’m surprised they don’t have massage built in as well.

As per one of my previous posts It’s Tesla options have always been thin, and only gotten thinner. Porsche is a good example if offering an insane amount of options.

Others have also suggested the trim / options on a $150k Tesla is not a comparable to a similar ICE car since the batteries and motors are still so expensive.

Regardless I love my Tesla’s and the seats are fine. Would I like more sure. But I take what Tesla has to offer, for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu