Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can I get Tesla to stage firmware for a DIY part swap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20220928_163800.jpg

Does anyone know if I can use this option instead of using the OTA update method for replacing my gen 3 ecu to gen 4 for CCS compatibility?
Yes, it will work.

This new ability to access what I call "Service Mode Lite" seems to be intentional be Tesla to throw us DIYers a bone. However, it is nowhere near the full capabilities and info in actual Service Mode.

• Informative
Reactions: dbldwn02
Yes, it will work.

This new ability to access what I call "Service Mode Lite" seems to be intentional be Tesla to throw us DIYers a bone. However, it is nowhere near the full capabilities and info in actual Service Mode.
I have all the parts I need to install a "gen 4" charge port ecu, but no idea when my next software update might come through. I'm going to try to install and use service mode to flash the ecu this weekend. That's all I really need it for at the moment. Wish me luck!

I have all the parts I need to install a "gen 4" charge port ecu, but no idea when my next software update might come through. I'm going to try to install and use service mode to flash the ecu this weekend. That's all I really need it for at the moment. Wish me luck!
Update: I installed the gen 4 ecu and flashed it in service mode successfully. My 2018 is now showing as "ccs compatible"