Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can we save seating positions without Tesla app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the very rare occasion that my wife needs to drive my Model 3, how can we save some basic seat/steering wheel positions if she does not have (or want) a tesla app on her phone. she would us a card key for access.
The only way for this to happen is for your wife to have her phone or key with her when she gets into the car as the car detects her phone as a key and will accordingly adjust the seat for her.

Upvote 0
The only way for this to happen is for your wife to have her phone or key with her when she gets into the car as the car detects her phone as a key and will accordingly adjust the seat for her.
This is not true. All she needs is a PROFILE with her seat settings. At that point, it doesn't matter who's key (or phone) unlocks the car.

When we took a road trip last year, my wife and I would swap who was driving. Since we would often make the swap without changing who's phone was connected, we just had to select our own profile when getting in the driver's seat. Conversely, sometimes when we walk to the car together, the car will sometimes recognize her phone first, even though I am driving (she is on AT&T and I am on Verizon). When that happens, when I get in the car, it goes to Easy Access (thankfully her profile starts there) so I know to quickly change it before I get jammed into the roof and steering wheel.

And @ohniner, since no one has given you the specific instructions, here is the link in the North American manual for setting a Driver Profile (which is what you are looking for).

Upvote 0