Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How can you tell when your FSD trial expires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently bought a used model 3, and it seems to have come with a FSD trial. However, I can't figure out when the trial expires. I thought maybe it would show the expiration date on the vehicle info screen, but it just says the full self-driving package capability is "included package".

Maybe someone who has the FSD trial could comment on where it shows the expiration date? Or is it just going to go away someday when I least expect it?

Maybe the former owner bought a new Tesla and told OP that he was going to lose FSD once the transfer is complete?

That would still not explain the "FSD trial", though.

It looks to me like he got a Model 3 with FSD. At least that's what the page he posted shows. Looks just like mine and I have FSD.

Yeah, both of those are possible (along with some other possibilities), which is why I under what pretext the OP is assuming they got an FSD trial on a used Tesla purchase.

So what im hearing is that none of you have heard of Tesla offering a free trial of FSD to a purchaser of a used vehicle. Is that right?
Not on a used purchase no, and definitely not on a private party one (you mention "thats what the previous owner said"). I dont follow this that closely though.

If the previous owner transferred FSD, expect it to just vanish at some point off your car.

How can you tell when your FSD trial expires?​

Oh, you’ll know. Tesla sends a clear message.

IMG_0928.jpeg

Oh, you’ll know. Tesla sends a clear message.

View attachment 965031
That's funny, but at the same time it's not. My FSD trial expired today. There were no warnings that it was about to expire or that had expired. The procedure for engaging AP is exactly the same as engaging FSD as you're driving down the road, so I didn't even know FSD was not operating until I had to put on the brakes as the car was not slowing for a red light.

Honestly, I'm really surprised Tesla didn't send me a message at least asking if I wanted to go ahead and pay $12K to continue with FSD.

Reactions: mknmike
Maybe the seller who bought a new Tesla used a referral code that got them 3 months FSD and 6 months free supercharging. If they were to transfer the FSD from another car, there’s 3 months of FSD that might get “wasted.” Perhaps Tesla gave the 3 months to the used car, or perhaps the seller didn’t really transfer their FSD and doesn’t know it, and is using 3 months free FSD instead of their lifetime FSD. I don’t know. Just thinking.

I really don’t like the FSD because I’m always just waiting for it to fail to do what I’m trusting it to do. Yes, it’s neat, but less relaxing than just driving the car.