Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Can You Tell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just look up cars in your area on ev-cpo or tesla-info. Both sites can help you screen for HW4 so you don't make a mistake. Or you can go to the dealler you're looking at and just look at the car itself, the HW4 models have no ultrasonic sensors on the bumpers and the cameras look a bit different as well (plenty of pictures online to look at them). They tend to have a red lens on them which makes it more obvious. The best is to just screen inventory on those two sites for your area.

Just look up cars in your area on ev-cpo or tesla-info. Both sites can help you screen for HW4 so you don't make a mistake. Or you can go to the dealler you're looking at and just look at the car itself, the HW4 models have no ultrasonic sensors on the bumpers and the cameras look a bit different as well (plenty of pictures online to look at them). They tend to have a red lens on them which makes it more obvious. The best is to just screen inventory on those two sites for your area.
Saw the cameras on YouTube, and this next one is dumb by me, but I thought that HW4 brought back USS and possibly radar. Either way, thanks for the response

I tried to look for the two red dots in the camera - but they are really hard to spot in certain lighting conditions. I spent 10 minutes on 2 Tesla Model X - and could only convince one had the two red dots. I was told that the other one has the same manufacturing date (both in March 2023) - so hopefully they have it. But, it is not easy to figure out from the camera.

Osho

I tried to look for the two red dots in the camera - but they are really hard to spot in certain lighting conditions. I spent 10 minutes on 2 Tesla Model X - and could only convince one had the two red dots. I was told that the other one has the same manufacturing date (both in March 2023) - so hopefully they have it. But, it is not easy to figure out from the camera.

Osho
Went today and brought one home for the night. Now I’m having questions about the auto lock and close doors when you walk away (it doesn’t do it). Overall really like it and trying to convince the wife. She wants a Wagoneer or Escalade.

Also, I coached the lady at Tesla on the USS lol. Basically I just check for the circle sensors on the bumpers.