Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did I Get Scratches in Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having my X fully wrapped right now. I didn't get my old S wrapped and I wish I had, it had swirls in the paint within the first couple months of owning it :mad:

Go figure full speed auto steer comes out at the same time it's getting wrapped :rolleyes: The wait to get it back is killing me, smalls!
I feel your pain. I'm stuck in Palm Springs until Saturday. Can't wait to get back to my Tesla and it's new update;)

So it's true. Parts and repairs do take forever.

In my case I had a couple issues looked at by Tesla (only charging at 47 amps, FW doors squeaking, etc) and that only took them two days, they picked up on Tues and I would have had it back Thurs. I also had a tiny scratch they brought to my attention during delivery so while it was there anyway they offered to send it to a 3rd party body shop to do the paint repair, that took a week. Then I decided to have it wrapped by a 3rd party my service adviser recommended so Tesla took it from the body shop to be wrapped, where it is now, but of course the guys wrapping it couldn't drop what they were doing and get to it right away so that should take another week. When it's done this week Tesla is going to pick it up from there, bring it back to their shop, update the firmware and return it to me. I got a loaner S to drive the whole time, even while it's being wrapped, so I'm very happy with their service! After all this waiting I'm so excited to get it back I feel like I did right before I picked it up the first time :D

IMG_3938.JPG IMG_3995.JPG IMG_3999.JPG IMG_3938.JPG I refused delivery of my model
x based on the appalling paint work and panel
Alignment.
Can't. Ekieve that nobody inspected the car when it left freemont or while it was in Holland for 5 weeks.
I've waited 2years and 2 months only to receive a mess.

I just looked at my one month blue Model X, and I can see fingernail scratches all around the door handles. As one poster said, just looking at the car the wrong way will scratch it!

Is it because my car is a dark colour? Or is it because Tesla's paint sucks so bad? Very disappointed in the durability of the paint, but no point in wrapping the entire car for a 3 year lease.