Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How did it end up naming P3D in this forum?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On reflection, Tesla should have called it the Track Upgrade package instead of the Performance Upgrade package.

Performance implies faster acceleration. For most people it really ends up being the "Mary Kay Upgrade package".

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
On reflection, Tesla should have called it the Track Upgrade package instead of the Performance Upgrade package.

Performance implies faster acceleration. For most people it really ends up being the "Mary Kay Upgrade package".

Yes, Track Upgrade would have been more accurate name. Lower uptake I would think, tho... so I'm guessing that's why they stuck with 'Performance'.

The August dragy leaderboard has most P3+ above PD- cars 0-60 times, for whatever that's worth... Two tops are 3.47 and 3.48 for P3+, and two top P3- are 3.57 and 3.59 sec....

IMG_0898.jpeg

Reactions: MXWing
Yes, Track Upgrade would have been more accurate name. Lower uptake I would think, tho... so I'm guessing that's why they stuck with 'Performance'.

The August dragy leaderboard has most P3+ above PD- cars 0-60 times, for whatever that's worth... Two tops are 3.47 and 3.48 for P3+, and two top P3- are 3.57 and 3.59 sec....

View attachment 325374

Absolutely agreed. Tesla could have thrown in .1 or .2 seconds off the 0-60 for the '+' package and then I wouldn't whine that I got the Mary Kay "upgrade" package.

That'd fix the naming issue because right now it is the Performance with Performance Upgrade

There are 9.5 major hardware configs (1 is added by request but isn't a permutation of PUP, AWD, or Pack size)

1. $69,000 Performance with Performance Upgrade (Yo dawg, we heard you like performance with your performance so we added more performance)
2. $64,000 Performance
3. $54,000 AWD "all in" AWD + PUP + LR
4. $49,000 "First available" - PUP + LR - NO AWD
5. $49,000 AWD LR - NO PUP
6. $45,000 AWD PUP - NO LR
7. $44,000 LR, no PUP, no AWD
8. $40,000 PUP, no AWD, no LR
9. $40,000 AWD - NO PUP - NO LR
10. $35,000 BASE BASE BASE Model 3 with no major options.

and if you think I'm joking about the name "Performance with Performance Upgrade" go configure one on tesla.com, it literally is named that way in the configurator, just not put so close together on the pages.

Performance with Track Upgrade would sound better in every way to me.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy and MXWing
Well, as we have seen in past posts on Electrek, when people accessed the service pages on the Model 3 screen, the battery isn't always 74.0000000000 KW. They vary. 73, 75, 76, etc. And besides all that, Tesla battery numbers go in multiples of 5. It's easy to find "75" emblems on ebay.
S 70 and S 40. Then you could have 74... or 7400 if you wanted, lol.