Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I change color after order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm actually thinking that an extra $250 as insurance might make sense. The original order this morning is white. That will always be a choice. But the color I want is the blue. Now if I place the new order and cancel the white and then they later on discontinue blue, I totally see tesla just canceling the order and telling me I have to place a new order at the inevitable new higher price. It's unlikely white will go away.

I added no other options. I picked the least expensive configuration so I see a higher chance of delays, which is fine with me, but also a higher chance they will play configuration discontinuation games in order to get out of the lower priced purchase agreement.

You can now edit order without adjusting to new price increase in USA. I just did it and it didn’t change my delivery date in June.
If you don’t have “edit” on your order … I went into Tesla store and had the associate reset the account and then it allowed me to,edit. - changed color, interior and exterior, added 3rd row seat….

Reactions: Fleer
Does anyone know when this option might come to Canada? I ordered on August 2, 2021 and was hoping to change to White interior without having it be updated to the current price.
As far as I’m aware you can email Jorge to get it changed now, without a price change.
I believe he’s at [email protected]
Email him your RN, your desired color, and ask for confirmation that he has changed it without altering the price. He’s very easy to work with.

Reactions: GinaRenee
As far as I’m aware you can email Jorge to get it changed now, without a price change.
I believe he’s at [email protected]
Email him your RN, your desired color, and ask for confirmation that he has changed it without altering the price. He’s very easy to work with.
Thanks for the help, I did email him and surprisingly he got back right away and confirmed it was only for US orders, not Canada. So unfortunately us Canadians don't get the benefit of that :(.

You can now edit order without adjusting to new price increase in USA. I just did it and it didn’t change my delivery date in June.
If you don’t have “edit” on your order … I went into Tesla store and had the associate reset the account and then it allowed me to,edit. - changed color, interior and exterior, added 3rd row seat…

Ah so you have to go to a store. I was puzzled not to see the option to change my configuration. Thank you for sharing!

Since last Friday Canadians can change their car configuration without going to new pricing. I just changed mine to white interior without paying for the new pricing. If you don't have the option in your configuration page then just reach out to your SA who can do it for you - the [email protected] wouldn't do it for me since they don't manage Canadian orders.

The only bad thing is it did change my order agreement to May 16 2022 from August 2021 so I am not sure if that will affect my luxury tax exemption or not - I am waiting for my SA to get back to me on that.

My original order was in June-2021. I recently decided to change the color from blue/cream to white/black (going to wrap it yellow instead). Both calling the 888 number and separately talking to an SA live in my local store, both resulted in the same "cannot be done without getting the new pricing."

Ultimately what worked for me was an email to [email protected]. Took about a week, but I heard from Amber and Natalie and asked explicitly if the car would be re-priced. Neither responded directly to my inquiry. But I just received an email from Jorge with changes I requested, with no price increase and the same spot in line (stuck in July with everybody else).

Reactions: GinaRenee
Since last Friday Canadians can change their car configuration without going to new pricing. I just changed mine to white interior without paying for the new pricing. If you don't have the option in your configuration page then just reach out to your SA who can do it for you - the [email protected] wouldn't do it for me since they don't manage Canadian orders.

The only bad thing is it did change my order agreement to May 16 2022 from August 2021 so I am not sure if that will affect my luxury tax exemption or not - I am waiting for my SA to get back to me on that.
I thought the luxury tx exemption is when the order was place before april 2021, anything order after is subject to the new tx no?

My original order was in June-2021. I recently decided to change the color from blue/cream to white/black (going to wrap it yellow instead). Both calling the 888 number and separately talking to an SA live in my local store, both resulted in the same "cannot be done without getting the new pricing."

Ultimately what worked for me was an email to [email protected]. Took about a week, but I heard from Amber and Natalie and asked explicitly if the car would be re-priced. Neither responded directly to my inquiry. But I just received an email from Jorge with changes I requested, with no price increase and the same spot in line (stuck in July with everybody else).
Well, it WAS July <sigh>