Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I get rid of Teslafi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started using Teslafi 4 days ago and the drain on my power has been anywhere between 4-10 over a period of 9 hours....it is very confusing to try and stop the logging of information....my car does not go to sleep.....my question is this: how do I get rid of the teslafi app so I do not have all of this drainage

I started using Teslafi 4 days ago and the drain on my power has been anywhere between 4-10 over a period of 9 hours....it is very confusing to try and stop the logging of information....my car does not go to sleep.....my question is this: how do I get rid of the teslafi app so I do not have all of this drainage

Delete the token in your settings. Best and cleanest way to deactivate

Teslafi was neat, but I really didn't know what to do with it (so I probably didn't "need" it). So much information and it was somewhat overwhelming. I'm sure it's a great wealth of info for those who love to dig into this sort of stuff. I was also baffled by all the options in settings.

I also had a hard time getting past the web 1.0 look and unfriendliness of it.

Reactions: pwykes
I wouldn't be so quick to blame Teslafi for the mileage loss. Mine has been losing almost a mile and hour when it is sleeping overngiht. Ever since the temps dropped to 20-30s.

True. But that's not all real loss. If it's cold you'll get a snowflake icon and a part of the battery will show as blue. Your range will go down but as you drive or charge the battery will warm and that blue part range will recover.

The lower the state of charge the quicker the snowflake and blue part appear.

Edit: I turned on teslafi as soon as I got my car but sleep mode was not enabled and I lost 20 miles a day the first few days and it wasn't cold.

True. But that's not all real loss. If it's cold you'll get a snowflake icon and a part of the battery will show as blue. Your range will go down but as you drive or charge the battery will warm and that blue part range will recover.

Edit: I turned on teslafi as soon as I got my car but sleep mode was not enabled and I lost 20 miles a day the first few days and it wasn't cold.

I really can't attest to the advantage that Teslafi provided.

Especially providing my Tesla password to a 3rd party vendor.

Reactions: NoirMS
I really can't attest to the advantage that Teslafi provided.

Especially providing my Tesla password to a 3rd party vendor.

Technically you only need to provide the API token if you don't want to provide your password. Still probably gives way too much control to a third party. But at least they can't remote start your car.

The main threat is there's a lot of personal data (location and drive data) that is stored on the server. If they're compromised you leak all your location data. But most people with a smart phone are leaking that to google already :)

Reactions: NoirMS

Not correct. The car can and will expend battery power to protect the health of the battery when it is cold and this is real measurable loss. I normally see my car lose between 5-8% overnight when the temps dip into the 20's at night, whether or not I get the snowflake icon. The car is expending this energy to keep the battery warm enough that permanent degradation does not occur.

This is different than the estimated range being lower when the snowflake icon is visible and then the range coming back as the car warms up during use.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Not correct. The car can and will expend battery power to protect the health of the battery when it is cold and this is real measurable loss. I normally see my car lose between 5-8% overnight when the temps dip into the 20's at night, whether or not I get the snowflake icon. The car is expending this energy to keep the battery warm enough that permanent degradation does not occur.

This is different than the estimated range being lower when the snowflake icon is visible and then the range coming back as the car warms up during use.
Car will not heat battery unless battery is below -7C if car is unplugged. If the the car is plugged in then it's below 10C. This is visible on the canbus/obd2. It's much higher when plugged into a supercharger.

Edit: You'll see the snowflake loss, even before the snowflake. There's just a point past which the icon will come up, but it'll affect range before that. You'll see that as percentage won't go down but rated miles will.

Edit 2: From my experience that -7C heating when unplugged is only when car is on/in drive. If parked it won't even do that much. (If car is plugged in it's a different matter).

Last edited:
In order for Teslafi to get real live data....it must query the car - which keeps it awake.

I can't attest to the car being constantly awake does to the battery.

Car constantly awake is the same as sentry mode and about 20 miles a day. But if you enable sleep mode teslafi stops querying the car after 30inutes of the car being parked and then usually within 15 minutes the car goes to sleep. If you drive during that 15 minutes it's not polling the car you lose the data unless you log in and restart polling but overall it works pretty well.

After the car is asleep teslafi can check that the car is asleep without waking it. So once it's asleep it can track the car's state just fine with no power drain (in the sense that it will know within a minute of the car waking up).

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Sounds like you don't have something configured properly. I've used the app for 2 years without any issue. But if you still want to get rid of it, go into the account settings and delete the token or simply uncheck the checkbox that enables logging.