Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do I schedule service in the app?????

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You right I haven't read that thread, I didn't know Tesla was sabotaging 85's, Did they say what the reason for that was? I only know of one person that has a 85d, I think it's an early 2016, or late 2015 AP1, I will call him and ask how his range is after updates. I know he gets them, and he does take road trips in his car. I would still think about getting your air bags fixed. Will get back to you later, when I find out his range.
They reduced Max charge voltage. Essentially it's no longer possible to charge to 100%. Also greatly reduced maximum supercharging speeds.

For a long time Tesla denied that there was any change, but eventually admitted that they made a change, claiming it was too preserve battery longevity. But the timing of the update came right after several high-profile battery fires, so some people think that they're real motivation was to cover up a defect that was causing fires.

Your right, that's way I'm calling my friend that has a 85D. I had no Ideal Tesla was sabotaging there 85's. I hope they don't start doing 75's like mine, I love my car. Has anyone called the government on this? There has to be a law against this. This kills the value of all the Tesla 85's. Will get back to this forum when I get a chance to talk with him.

Your right, that's way I'm calling my friend that has a 85D. I had no Ideal Tesla was sabotaging there 85's. I hope they don't start doing 75's like mine, I love my car. Has anyone called the government on this? There has to be a law against this. This kills the value of all the Tesla 85's. Will get back to this forum when I get a chance to talk with him.
There is currently a pending class action lawsuit on the subject, which I’m not sure is the same as “calling the government”, but suffice to say someone is certainly thinks there is a law against this, though that has yet to be established.

This is also covered in the first post of that thread you’ve been directed to.

These 13000+ messages explain the problem :rolleyes:
Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

Having your unicorn software version, I would be very concerned about the SeC doing an update.

I tried everything, taped notes to the MCU and dash, put it it writing on the app, talked to people, and they STILL updated!

Unless you live in a humid high temp area, the chance of the airbag blowing up inadvertently is small.

I don't get on this forum all that much, maybe once every 6 months or so, sorry I missed that, and I don't go that far back to see what I missed. The OP did not state that until later in this forum. I would still put safety first, and I do hope he gets his air bags fixed soon. A life or injuries are more important than range. Let the class action lawsuit take care of it.

There is currently a pending class action lawsuit on the subject, which I’m not sure is the same as “calling the government”, but suffice to say someone is certainly thinks there is a law against this, though that has yet to be established.

This is also covered in the first post of that thread you’ve been directed to.
I just talked with my friend with his 85D, he did lose some range, he said he never chargers to 100%, he only goes to 90% does take longer, was not aware of the class action lawsuit. He believe the update fixed a battery defect. Tesla fixed that defect the best and fastest way they could. His loss of range (and this is only his car) some cars can be different. Was 15 miles lost. Could depend on the health on the car. He loves his car, and said he can live with it, but he didn't like it. His Quote. Maybe some day Tesla may come up with software that can get some of that range back, who knows.

The OP is driving a car that he knows has a safety defect. It may be a small risk, but it's still a risk, does not get it fixed because it's too far to drive to check with the SC to get it fixed. Does not get the updates to tell Tesla and get mobile service to fix it. On the real fear he would lose range on his car. If something would go wrong no matter how small the risk is and a passenger gets injured do to that safety defect the OP knows about. And knows there is a class action lawsuit on this subject. What do you think the lawyer of that injured person would think of the OP, and worst what would a judge think of OP. I believe he must get his air bags fixed, as soon as he can it's just too big of a risk. Let the class action lawsuit take care of it. This is why I don't go to these forums very often, most of the people here are great and give very good advice, and some have some real true problems and need help, some only think of themselves.

Having your unicorn software version, I would be very concerned about the SeC doing an update.

I tried everything, taped notes to the MCU and dash, put it it writing on the app, talked to people, and they STILL updated!

Unless you live in a humid high temp area, the chance of the airbag blowing up inadvertently is small.

I had the dreaded "battery needs service warning" last March and took it to the Fremont service center. I put notes everywhere to please not update. It turns out the error was a counter that they put in ludicrous upgraded 85 batteries that fires off after you've done 2500 WOT accelerations. Prior to version 10, the fix was to replace the 85 battery usually with a 1600 amp 90 battery. The tech told me that they no longer consider exceeding this counter a replaceable event so they simply ignore the counter in v10. They said in order for me to get rid of the error, all I have to do is update to v10.

That said, they STILL abided by my wishes to not update and they didn't and I got the car back with my V8.1 still installed. The tech notes say the error is not really an error and that I can drive the car without any issues but that the "battery needs service. Avoid hard acceleration" message will remain until I update the software. There's no difference in power or range.

That said, I'm suspicious that should I update to v10 that I'd more likely be capped because of this.

I don't get on this forum all that much, maybe once every 6 months or so, sorry I missed that, and I don't go that far back to see what I missed. The OP did not state that until later in this forum. I would still put safety first, and I do hope he gets his air bags fixed soon. A life or injuries are more important than range. Let the class action lawsuit take care of it.

I fully expect Tesla to replace my airbags without updating my software. If they don't, I'll be filing an NHTSA complaint asap. I'll know tomorrow when I call the service center or the main customer service number.

His loss of range (and this is only his car) some cars can be different. Was 15 miles lost. Could depend on the health on the car. He loves his car, and said he can live with it, but he didn't like it. His Quote. Maybe some day Tesla may come up with software that can get some of that range back, who knows.

And just to be clear, he lost access to that range that he lost. It wasn't actually lost. It's still there but the software prevents his battery from charging to 100%.

The OP is driving a car that he knows has a safety defect. It may be a small risk, but it's still a risk, does not get it fixed because it's too far to drive to check with the SC to get it fixed. Does not get the updates to tell Tesla and get mobile service to fix it.

Who says I'm driving the car. I only found out about the airbag recall on Saturday when I happened to run the app for the first time in months. I NEVER received a recall notice in the mail as required by the NHTSA.

Called Fresno service center. At first the guy told me I had to schedule via the app and that I had to update the firmware. I told him this is a safety recall and my vehicle agreement is prior to the one that requires keeping my firmware up to date. He put me on hold to go check and came back and said no problem.

So I'm scheduled for the 20th. The downside is that for an hour or so while they do it, the car will be out of my possession and it would kind of suck if they "accidentally" updated it. He said he'd note not to update the firmware and I'll of course have stickies everywhere.