TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

How do Model X front seats compare to S original and next gen seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by SteveG3, Mar 20, 2016.

1. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

maybe I missed an existing thread, but I was surprised that I did not find much on this topic after browsing through a few searches here.

2. pvogel

pvogel Member

I can't compare them to a Model S's seats, but I find them VERY comfortable!

3. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

yup, you missed it:
    Model X seat comfort compared to Model S

4. SteveG3

SteveG3 Active Member

yes. though I'd seen that thread, I didn't see much of anything in there. the main thing I'm curious about is how the X seats compare to the next gen Model S seats.

(sorry mods, somehow late at night, when I saw the other thread with almost no responses, it mistakenly seemed to me that posting on it would be futile).

5. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Full disclosure that I am a fan of the original MS seats and not a fan of the next-gen MS seat. That being said, I find the MX seats more comfortable and more supportive than both. I have not done any multi-hour trips yet (this weekend will be the first), but if I could retro-fit the MX seats into the MS I would think about it.

6. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Closed

I have done a fairly long trip (northern NJ to Richmond, VA) and the MX seats are amazing. I've driven both original and next gen MS seats, although not on any long trips, and there is no comparison. The MX seats are much more comfortable.

• Like x 1
  7. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I've had all 3: original performance seats, next gen, and the X. X>NG>performance.

• Like x 1
  8. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

I have original seats in my P85 and I like them better than the NG seats, but the seats in the X are better than both by a large margin.