Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you close front doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably an odd question. I don't have self presenting doors, but you can control auto door close with key fob. (I have single press all door close off right now) So I thought there may be a trick to it.

How are you non-self presenting door people closing your drivers side? Manually, pressing the handle (which feels awkard/difficult to do), or another auto way I'm unaware of?

I use 1 click close all when I leave.

When in the car I suppress the brake or by the touchscreen. Rarely do I close the door manually

I think these are the only methods, only had my X for a week
I want to use 1 click close all but there was once I was loading my infant and my wife loading the toddler, the button got pushed accidentally in my pocket and all the doors started closing. If the doors had sensor inside I wouldn't care, but the doors don't stop until they get resistance, so someone will get hurt first. Ever since then I disabled it. When I read others having such problem I didn't care until it happened to myself.

Now that I've been driving my X for a good week, I'm getting a routine down. Lol. I'm 'old skool' and use the buttons on the side pillars to close the falcon doors afterI put each kid in their car seat. For myself, I just slightly pull the handle out and let the door close itself. I usually use the touch screen to open doors since, again, kids. The fob is buried at the bottom of my bag, so I never use it.