Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How does the app know I've painted my stock 19" wheels black?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok this has me scratching my head a bit. How does the app know I have painted my stock 19" (2021) black?
There's no setting in the car for this and has only appeared after installing version 4.5.0-858 of the Android app. The only thing I can think of is that the guy at the service center updated the cars profile on my last visit 6months ago and it just wasn't built into the app to show it until this version!? I would have thought they would have told me though.
hhmm I wonder if they have any other colours.

Screenshot_20220126-230652_Tesla.jpg
2.png

• Disagree
Reactions: DrDabbles
In car the visualization is correct: silver. But in the app they are black.
That’s interesting. On mine, I changed the color of the actual wheels, from the original silver to now dark, and made the change on the in-car screen. The screen now shows them as being dark wheels on the screen and in the app on my phone. May have something to do with yours being Uberturbines. I have the original (older) Performance upgrade package wheels.

Last edited:
Ok this has me scratching my head a bit. How does the app know I have painted my stock 19" (2021) black?
There's no setting in the car for this and has only appeared after installing version 4.5.0-858 of the Android app. The only thing I can think of is that the guy at the service center updated the cars profile on my last visit 6months ago and it just wasn't built into the app to show it until this version!? I would have thought they would have told me though.
hhmm I wonder if they have any other colours.

View attachment 771613View attachment 771614
Did you ever figure this out?!

Did you ever figure this out?!
No. But others have said they have had black wheels in the app when they have the original alloy. They seem to think it's random. 🤷‍♂️
Sadly the app has now gone back to silver 🙁 but I've only just now noticed it's now showing my smoked headlights which I did two weeks ago. Huh!?!

Screenshot_20230228_103022_Tesla.jpg

Last edited: