Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Far Away for Delivery of Inventory Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to order an MX in the next week or so. I'm planning on ordering a custom black/black 6 seater with FSD, but I'm wondering if you opt for an inventory car, how far away can it be for it to be worth it to Tesla to toss it on a truck and deliver it to me here in the Midwest rather than them have to wait on the custom order to get their money? I wonder if they might be willing if it gets them a sale before the end of the quarter.

Waiting another month for my custom build isn't the end of the world, but if they could get an inventory car to me faster, I wouldn't be too upset.

Long Range model, if it matters.

Looking to order an MX in the next week or so. I'm planning on ordering a custom black/black 6 seater with FSD, but I'm wondering if you opt for an inventory car, how far away can it be for it to be worth it to Tesla to toss it on a truck and deliver it to me here in the Midwest rather than them have to wait on the custom order to get their money? I wonder if they might be willing if it gets them a sale before the end of the quarter.

Waiting another month for my custom build isn't the end of the world, but if they could get an inventory car to me faster, I wouldn't be too upset.

Nine days? Another sale this quarter? It matters to your local store. You might consider going to where it is if one exists and picking it up yourself. Offer to do so, if they improve their price or perks. Good luck. Welcome to the family.

I placed my custom order on 9/27 (LR, midnight silver, black interior, 6 seater, FSD). Got my VIN this week. Tesla's website says delivery on 10/24, but my local showroom said they'd let me know when they receive it. Would be great if I got it before then, but I'm not holding my breath.