Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How fast can you drive with the Falcon doors open?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@randy1077 you were hit up with humor because the question was unusual, unclear and frankly fun.

OK, we can start over. Don't take this the wrong way, but .....why would you need/want to drive [in the car pool lane or FTM anywhere] with the GWDs open? For instance, opening GWDs/doors in our car pool lanes would risk the lives of motorcylcists which are allowed to lane split, so help us understand the nature of the question.

My friend MaxK drove his in a 4th of July parade with the falcon wing doors open the whole time. So it can be done.

Having said that, be super careful. There is a thread on here about someone driving theirs into the garage with the doors open, smashing the door into the wall.

FWIW, I sent a recommendation to Tesla to disable driving with FWDs open by default, but to provide an onscreen override (mostly for cases where the door or sensor aren't registering the door being closed). I personally don't recommend driving with them open, especially around interested kids. But your situation likely differs from what I'm imagining.

FWIW, I sent a recommendation to Tesla to disable driving with FWDs open by default, but to provide an onscreen override (mostly for cases where the door or sensor aren't registering the door being closed). I personally don't recommend driving with them open, especially around interested kids. But your situation likely differs from what I'm imagining.
I'm afraid my imagination is like yours, and I love your idea! Have you got any response/feedback from Tesla?