Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How had is alignment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone please confirm how difficult and alignment is for a 2015 model S 85d?

I know somebody sent me the official Tesla alignment procedure and there was all sorts of stuff involving setting air suspension computer stuff this and that.

But I thought I'd seen enough other posts that it was basically any alignment shop should be able to do it as a regular alignment just make sure the suspension is in the standard setting when they do it?

My usual good alignment shop that knows what they're doing said they don't want to do it because there's too many driver
assist systems that need to be reset.

Can you confirm for me that this isn't actually the case and they just think that it would be?

Thanks!

Can someone please confirm how difficult and alignment is for a 2015 model S 85d?

I know somebody sent me the official Tesla alignment procedure and there was all sorts of stuff involving setting air suspension computer stuff this and that.

But I thought I'd seen enough other posts that it was basically any alignment shop should be able to do it as a regular alignment just make sure the suspension is in the standard setting when they do it?

My usual good alignment shop that knows what they're doing said they don't want to do it because there's too many driver
assist systems that need to be reset.

Can you confirm for me that this isn't actually the case and they just think that it would be?

Thanks!
They turned away your business. Whatever the reason is, find another shop.

I've had mine done by one of the local Mavis shops (they other declined saying they didn't have a Tesla trained tech at the time) as well as a local independent shop. Neither had any problems doing the work nor said anything about it being at all unusual.

I would agree with the previous poster, though. If a shop declines to do something, no matter how strange their answer sounds, go somewhere else, at least for that repair. Trying to convince someone to do something they have some strange reason to not want to is not likely to result in quality work.

They turned away your business. Whatever the reason is, find another shop.
Yep. I thought maybe my usual alignment place just thought there was more to it. But upon talking to my mechanic(who was the one talking to the alignment shop) he said they just didn't want anything to do with a Tesla and weren't going to touch it. Definitely drops my opinion of them a lot.
Oh well, found another slightly less local shop that said they're willing to do stuff other shops won't and have done a couple Teslas already.

So next is, what are the best alignment specs for maximum tire life? The Macsboost adjustable camber arms should be going in today.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Unrelated question that bugs me... Is there some way I'm missing to edit the thread title?
You get up to one hour to edit a post. Click on the three dots and choose edit.
Screenshot_20230627_060134_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: livesmith