Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long does the delivery appointment take?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did the appointment go?

Really well. My DS was still finishing up another delivery but made sure someone else was already handling my trade on and other paperwork. Whole thing took about 1.5 hours. Alough I already knew 80 percent of the walkthrough I didn't want to rush through it like I did with other cars. Despite carefully checking everything else out I did discover the hood being a bit misaligned after I got home. Essentially the left side (looking from the front) is a bit higher than the fender making it look like the hood is not shut. There's a whole thread about it over at the Tesla.com forum. I already contacted my DS and he suggested just swinging by whenever so they can look at it. I'm not too worried about it and am really enjoyingthe car so far.

To answer my own question, 7 hours. Yep, 7 hours.

I was the first delivery at the new Austin facility and when we arrived we were asked if we got the DS's text and call, Nope. The car had zero charge because something happened over the weekend. Still have not learned if it was the onboard charger or the wall charger or both. By the conversation it appears that the HPWC at the facility did not work, but I am not sure why the car had only 5 miles of charge 1 1/2 hours after they discovered the problem and I have the 72 amp charger.

Tesla was great as they gave me a new loaner to drive my wife back to San Antonio.

We did the full delivery experience while the car had only 19 miles on it. Noticed one panel was not flsuh which they fixed on my sojourn to and from San Antonio and removed some remaining adhesive on the parcel shelf.

Note: there is a huge gulf in the performance of a 70 and a 90D and I missed autopilot in the loaner when I did not even have my own car yet

From 9 am to 5 pm they managed to get 160 miles on it -a bit low. I topped off at a super charger on the way home.

Now of course, I take it to the detailer for Expel, Tinting and Cquartz