Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How long was your MS in production?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our P100D was in Production for about 2 days! Its at the DS now getting prepared for us to take delivery.:D

Surprised it didn't take longer, Options- Deep Blue,Sub-zero, carbon fiber spoiler, Ultra white seats CF decor, pano, 21'inch silver turbines, SAS, PUP, UHFS, HACU, EAP, FSDC, and Black Headliner. Cant wait to drive my new BABY! Sadly my P85D is going back to NC!:(

Last edited:
I think it is fairly common for the emails and updates to the My Tesla dashboard to be out of sync with the actual process. My understanding is that it takes 3 - 5 days to complete production and that the painting alone takes 1 - 2 days based on the videos I've seen and the other posts on TMC from people that did the tour at the factory. I don't think they are actually completing production on anyone's car in 1 day or 2 days. It is much more likely that the updates are just out of sync.

My own car was in production for 14 days based on the emails / updates to My Tesla dashboard. I don't know if that number is exactly correct, but my DS told me the car was about to start production on 11/18 and my dashboard updated to show I was in production on 11/22. I got the email stating production was complete on 12/6, and I had several emails from my DS in the interim confirming that my car was in production that whole time.

Reactions: OBX John
Got an email yesterday that my MS was going into production and an email this morning that it was complete and preparing for transport Is that normal?
Nothing unusual. Those email updates are not just-in-time. Mine was listed in 'shipping for delivery' for close to a week, despite my picking up the car from Fremont. I could have pushed the car from behind across the factory faster than the claimed shipping duration.

Mine was in production starting 12/3, according to My Tesla, and finished in 12/8, according to my DS who called to set the pickup appointment before My Tesla gave any indication that it was done - besides changing to a specific date range. I agree with sdorn, it's not a perfect system.

1 day in production, according to emails. However, I noticed a day before I got the starting email myTesla reported it in production. It is a S90D.
Excellent! My S90D went into production yesterday 12/13 so I look forward to the "scheduled for shipment" email. BTW, the day before going into production 12/11 my status page had a red "Make a Payment" button encouraging me to bank transfer the balance. I am trading in my 2012 S85 and the web site correctly has the trade amount I was quoted.

I don't think I'll submit final payment until they inform me its on a truck heading to my service center....

Excellent! My S90D went into production yesterday 12/13 so I look forward to the "scheduled for shipment" email. BTW, the day before going into production 12/11 my status page had a red "Make a Payment" button encouraging me to bank transfer the balance. I am trading in my 2012 S85 and the web site correctly has the trade amount I was quoted.

I don't think I'll submit final payment until they inform me its on a truck heading to my service center....

I would think that final payment would not be required until a minimum of a day or so before the car is delivered to you. I will check with my DS so I am not surprised.