Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many actually use Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SoCal driver with 88k miles so far; 98% or more on NoA/AP. I like to drive but why do it on my commute ? Self driving (manual) for fun is for PCH towards Pismo Beach or Big Sur:cool:, not for I-15/I-215 in Temecula🤮

Last edited:
Reactions: EVNow
I use AP on Freeways all the time when under stop & go or light to moderate traffic. I only turn it off when there's heavy traffic where lots of merging can be expected, about half of my AP on freeway trips have had zero interventions from on-ramp to off-ramp.

I'm in NorCal and surrounded by Teslas. I'm generally passing people and can tell when a fellow Tesla driver is on AP as they're slower and following traffic.

I've been using AP since I got my Tesla and I've been using FSDbeta every time I drive (since 10.3). I'd be a chore to go without AP/FSD.

True. I am one of those. However, there are thousands of Teslas in SoCal.
As everywhere else !

You can't figure out whether specifically in SoCal fewer % of Teslas use AP compared to other parts of US by posting here - by definition people who come to this sub-forum are interested and use AP a lot !

Only Tesla knows the numbers and they won't release it.

Reactions: totoro722