Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many changes did you have to your estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if others are experiencing so many changes to estimated delivery dates? I’m going on at least eight changes. Last one was Feb 2-14, four days later, it changed to March 11-31.
9 times for me!

OD: 9/12/21, PC: sometime between 9/20 and 9/29 [San Bernardino County, CA]

MYLR, MSM/Black, 20”, No Tow, No FSD

EDD as of 1/29/22: March 5 - March 31

Previous EDDs:
1/18/22: Feb 10 - Mar 10
12/26/21: Feb 25 - Mar 25
12/5/21: Jan 15 - Feb 12
11/27/21: Dec 18 - Dec 31
10/31/21: Feb 17 - Mar 17
10/27/21: Jan 29 - Feb 26
10/16/21: Feb 17 - Mar 17
10/15/21: Jan 30 - Feb 19

• Informative
Reactions: Blucifer22
9 times for me!

OD: 9/12/21, PC: sometime between 9/20 and 9/29 [San Bernardino County, CA]

MYLR, MSM/Black, 20”, No Tow, No FSD

EDD as of 1/29/22: March 5 - March 31

Previous EDDs:
1/18/22: Feb 10 - Mar 10
12/26/21: Feb 25 - Mar 25
12/5/21: Jan 15 - Feb 12
11/27/21: Dec 18 - Dec 31
10/31/21: Feb 17 - Mar 17
10/27/21: Jan 29 - Feb 26
10/16/21: Feb 17 - Mar 17
10/15/21: Jan 30 - Feb 19
Just don’t understand how Tesla thinks this is a good business model! Be really curious who and how they came up with these estimates! I ordered my MYLR at the beginning of Oct 2021. I’m on change number 8. Sure there will be more changes.

Just don’t understand how Tesla thinks this is a good business model! Be really curious who and how they came up with these estimates! I ordered my MYLR at the beginning of Oct 2021. I’m on change number 8. Sure there will be more changes.
That’s why it is estimated. It’s a guess based on current day figures and analysis. It’s annoying to see it and it would be easier to see due in March 2022 as opposed to some range that adjusts frequently.

Ordered my white MYLR on 1/15/22 for east coast delivery, and received a November estimated delivery date (EDD). About a week later, it changed to 6/5/22 - 7/3/22 delivery range. Today, it changed again to December. I’ve read when you receive an EDD that doesn’t give a specific date range, it’s just a placeholder.

Just don’t understand how Tesla thinks this is a good business model! Be really curious who and how they came up with these estimates! […].
I am curious. Is there any other manufacturer that manages build to order process any better? Sure the EDD changes are frustrating and Tesla should work on making it more predictable but the alternative of no solid info for months would be even more frustrating.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I am curious. Is there any other manufacturer that manages build to order process any better? Sure the EDD changes are frustrating and Tesla should work on making it more predictable but the alternative of no solid info for months would be even more frustrating.
BMW 😂 but for real.. i have friends who have placed orders in the past and it is very interactive during the whole build process including shipment details ( when its on a ship from germany to state side)😁

BMW 😂 but for real.. i have friends who have placed orders in the past and it is very interactive during the whole build process including shipment details ( when its on a ship from germany to state side)😁
It's a lot easier when just a small percentage of your orders are build to order. You can always prioritize those orders to make sure they are delivered when estimated. Also, current environment with supply shortages is nothing like how it was "in the past".

This is completely different than ordering a car that has 6+ months of back orders. I have ordered a car in the past that was in high demand and the tesla way is WAY better. Not even close.

Reactions: DrGriz and leaftoy
My in-laws just had a Mach-E come in. Car was supposedly built early October, was supposed to arrive late November, then as far as we knew it ended up sitting in a lot at the factory for a couple of months waiting for a chip. Finally shipped late December but there was no information besides the dealer saying that it was waiting on a chip. No EDD or anything until it shipped (which was telling us it’d be 2 months to get here - ended up being about 7 weeks).

So, yeah, not unique to Tesla. They just change dates as they get more information, rather than leave you completely in the dark.