Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many KW are you pulling at Ver 3 Superchargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla added V3 chargers to our local station and I found it interesting that tha stalls were labeled 7A, 7B, 7C, and 7D, no longer just A/B. Several cars were spaced four stalls apart, but are you saying that's not necessary?

The claim is V3 chargers have a 1MW cabinet serving 4 stalls that can each peak at 250kW, so theoretically all 4 stalls can operate at peak with no reduction.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
when I was able to hit 198kW, it was 90 degrees+ outside, so the high speed was also short-lived, as others have also observed. I saw on Twitter from Out of Spec Motoring, a new trick to try: wrap the handle in a cool, damp cloth once you plug into the car. Apparently the charger will kick down based on the temp in the handle.

I'm aware that the battery temp also causes a kickdown, but the cooling system will go full blast for a few minutes before that happens.

I don't have any more road trips planned anytime soon, though, thanks to the Rona. Hell, by the time I'd be able to test this again, it'll probably be Christmas, and I'll have the opposite problem