Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many miles do you plan on logging in Model 3 per year?

How many miles a year on your future Model 3

• 0-1000 miles (0 - 1610 km)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 1001 - 5000 miles (1611 - 8047 km)

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • 5001- 12000 miles (8048 - 19313 km)

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • 12001 - 25000 miles (19313 -

Votes: 35 41.2%
  • 25001+ miles (40234+ km)

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 50 miles a day, round trip to and from work, plus any errands that might need to be run on weekends. The 3 will be my daily driver, replacing a '13 Lexus GS350 F-sport with ~83000 miles. Wishing they would let me take advantage of the electric vehicles chargers here at work but current position is NOPE :(

My guess is usage will go up. Replacing a current car that probably goes about 5-6,000 miles per year. Pure work commuting. However, if what everyone says is true and I start preferring the 3 as the errands car as well as short day trips, I anticipate it will go up to maybe double that? Maybe more? The current daily errand/road trip car goes over 20,000 every year. Almost certainly will still keep using it for long road trips and short ones where we need the luggage space. Possibly even all the Costco runs. If the 3 had more luggage space, I could see us using it for over 20,000 miles/yr but it's got pretty limited space to what we're used to so I think that will keep usage down.

I currently do 12K on the Leaf, with my 50-mile round trip to work and errands in evenings and weekend. We use my wife's Tribeca for road trips, Boston to other parts of New England a few times a year for a few hundred miles each, 1200 round-trip to western PA once or twice a year, and hopefully that will all shift to the Tesla. Now that there are superchargers along I-80 in PA, it's just a matter of matching the timing of stops to the children's sleep/eat cycles (or vice-versa). I do hope the RWD is adequate for ski trips to upstate Vermont and NH.

Difficult to choose among the options as they're broken down, especially since 10,000-15,000 is your typical range for mileage on a lease, precisely because these are very common annual ranges for people. As for me, I'm right around the 12k mark (definitely in the 10k-15k range)... so it was difficult choosing between those two options, 5k-12k & 12k-25k.

Reactions: hckyplyr
I will be putting around 50k miles a year on my car. My daily commute is ~180 miles a day 4 days a week. Then add in the driving I do on the weekends and from what others say about driving their Tesla more I can see hitting 50k miles a year easily.

SageBrush The chargers are for company or in Chips case Government owned EVs only. No personal cars allowed to charge. Where I work the fuel pumps and EVSE are for company cars only and don't get caught plugging your car into a 120V outlet.

I will be putting around 50k miles a year on my car. My daily commute is ~180 miles a day 4 days a week. Then add in the driving I do on the weekends and from what others say about driving their Tesla more I can see hitting 50k miles a year easily.

103 miles from home to work and back. Every weekday 26,883 miles per year.

36 miles from home to church and back. Every Monday and Sunday. 2,264 miles per year.

Glad I am not the only one driving insane miles per day for a job. Lucky for me, I hardly ever have traffic issues, so it is highway speeds at all times. Going to put that 1 million miles MTTF for the drive unit to the test, and going to find degradation statistics quickly. Hopeful they are comparable with previous battery iterations, and ideally an improvement over Model S and X statistics.

I am a heavy driver. I commute 102 miles every business day (combined). Current vehicle is a 2015 Jetta TDI with 85000 miles.The problem with that amount of mileage for me is oil change every 4 months, adds up quickly. Things like tires will need replaced often, but an EV will have less that needs serviced regularly over my TDI. Since I am nearly all highway, my brakes have only worn down 2 mm from original, so I expect to never need to replace Model 3 brakes.
Driving that much, you should seriously use Amsoil. Oil change every 25,000 miles (yes, you read that right). My dad and I have done that for 20 years with nothing but exceptional results.. it saved one engine that overheated due to water pump failure. I drive about 20K/year and so just change it every spring when convenient.