Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a software update to the new protocol should require no hardware changes and could be easily done.
I do understand that the new stations have a higher power output and that would require hardware changes but why not run the older stations with a new protocol even if the power output is limited to 150 kW?
Because the communications standard is fundamentally different (PLC vs CAN) and requires special hardware to send/receive data. Same reason older teslas need retrofits for ccs to work.

zxWtV89.jpg
Yes I know. I was responding to someone questioning why I wanted a NACS adapter.

Reactions: scottf200
The BlueOval TN/KY Ford T3 will definitely be interesting. I suspect it will have 48v wiring and dual/tri options. I'd guess e-locking diffs too. Unclear what else tho.

Note that there will still be a Tesla-only advantage in 2024-Adapter / 2025-native_NACS_port for Superchargers because only v3 and above will be usable AFAIK. GIF I created a while back to show v2 and below vs v3 and above.

View attachment 1002748
What is the difference between this and the "Supercharger Open To Non-Tesla" filter on their map?

All my driving is In-State, and the difference in your GIF map is marginal for my State. Frankly I'm pretty well covered In-State with the CCS network, so the addition of Supercharger access is just icing on the cake.

What is the difference between this and the "Supercharger Open To Non-Tesla" filter on their map?

All my driving is In-State, and the difference in your GIF map is marginal for my State. Frankly I'm pretty well covered In-State with the CCS network, so the addition of Supercharger access is just icing on the cake.
The Tesla findus page just shows Magic Docks. That doesn't have thing to do with **ALL** the v3 and higher Supercharges being available to the other manufacturers in 2024 (adapters) and 2025 (built-in native NACS ports).

The GIF map shows various places that I travel that still have v2 and lower Supercharges so it would be impactful to me/others if one were to get out of the Tesla car eco-system.

• Informative
Reactions: FLRifleman
That doesn't have thing to do with **ALL** the v3 and higher Supercharges being available to the other manufacturers in 2024 (adapters) and 2025 (built-in native NACS ports).
Do you have a source for this ‘ALL’ that you’re claiming?

Seems rather shortsighted to think tesla will allow the existing userbase to suffer due to chargeport location on other vehicles, especially at busy V3 locations.

The Tesla findus page just shows Magic Docks. That doesn't have thing to do with **ALL** the v3 and higher Supercharges being available to the other manufacturers in 2024 (adapters) and 2025 (built-in native NACS ports).

The GIF map shows various places that I travel that still have v2 and lower Supercharges so it would be impactful to me/others if one were to get out of the Tesla car eco-system.
That's good information to know. Thank you...