Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the looks of the ct are growing on the hopeful because of time passed and the stockholm syndrome lolz...

"Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time."

yup- sounds about right :)

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
the looks of the ct are growing on the hopeful because of time passed and the stockholm syndrome lolz...

"Stockholm syndrome is a coping mechanism to a captive or abusive situation. People develop positive feelings toward their captors or abusers over time."

yup- sounds about right :)
by the time the CT gets delivered RAM EV as well as Silverado / Sierra EV have joined the party, and Ford very likely will have announced the next gen F150 Lightning as pureplay EV platform and Rivian will have ramped up production... the more the merrier ... but it feels to me like Tesla is about 2yrs late to the party in early 2024 (...)

by the time the CT gets delivered RAM EV as well as Silverado / Sierra EV have joined the party, and Ford very likely will have announced the next gen F150 Lightning as pureplay EV platform and Rivian will have ramped up production... the more the merrier ... but it feels to me like Tesla is about 2yrs late to the party in early 2024 (...)

Which is why all this “Tesla changing the Truck game” is laughable…..

I ask again, how many truck guys work at Tesla

My "plan" is to get the CT in about 2 years, and by that time by M3 will be 6 yo and ready to go into my growing child's hands right in time for a learner's permit. By that time, our MY will be 3 yo and we might be tentatively looking at MB EQS SUV for my wife as a replacement for the MY, but that depends a lot on the penetration of reliable charging infrastructure for non-Tesla vehicles.

Anyway, there is a increasingly good chance we will be all dead by then.

• Disagree
Reactions: israndy
"Truck guys" is a joke, right? One really must be a truck guy to truly like driving a traditional truck ... cuz it drives ... well, as a truck, duh.
well... the CT is *too large* for a lifestyle truck (aka Rivian, Ridgeline, Tacoma, Ranger) but lacks the usability of a full size truck for full size truck things (accessing the bed from the side over those very high sides will be impossible; no door handles etc).

Reactions: T3SLAROD
"Truck guys" is a joke, right? One really must be a truck guy to truly like driving a traditional truck ... cuz it drives ... well, as a truck, duh.

My Lightning drives just fine?

Again, a lot of current Tesla owners who have never driven a Truck and Jump into a CT are going to be severely disappointed…..

I can see the threads now: “4 wheel steering broken? Can’t take corners fast”

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
My Lightning drives just fine?

Again, a lot of current Tesla owners who have never driven a Truck and Jump into a CT are going to be severely disappointed…..

I can see the threads now: “4 wheel steering broken? Can’t take corners fast”

"Severely disappointed"? I think everybody's going to go into it knowing that it is an extremely different experience from any sedan or even suv. Or even regular pickup truck for that matter! It will be so dramatically different that I don't think most people will notice things like cornering ability too much. Also, there aren't very many people who have never driven a pickup, so they should have some idea. And I do wonder if the high-profile will be offset by the low placement of the battery, much as it is in our current vehicles. It should be interesting! I guess we'll all know in about 6 months. Maybe even less. Until then I think we are just guessing. Not that that isn't fun!

biggest surprise for many will be how *HARD* it is to maneuver a full size truck in parking garages; park in residential parking garages (it will barely fit) and street park and also wiggle in between Supercharger spots.

unless you *need* a full size truck .. the more compact mid-size trucks are a lot more practicable for day to day driving

Doesn't look too big for parking, perhaps a bit long:
Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 8.28.48 AM.png

I just want the CT as the TM3 is too small to get in and out of (I'm 6'2") and the MX is not the solution. I don't want a fancy, easily damaged vehicle, let me drive something that won't get stuck in deep snow or a cracked windshield on the first flung rock. Heck a vehicle that the paint can't be keyed will be nice, there's too much Tesla hate.

Although if I can't sleep in it, it won't be much of an upgrade from the 3, which I sleep in very well. And if it's really not efficient that will disappoint. At least it'll be a good MX & Alaska road-tripper

Reactions: alexgr and T3SLAROD
biggest surprise for many will be how *HARD* it is to maneuver a full size truck in parking garages; park in residential parking garages (it will barely fit) and street park and also wiggle in between Supercharger spots.

unless you *need* a full size truck .. the more compact mid-size trucks are a lot more practicable for day to day driving
You are from Texas, right? Too big of a truck? Difficult to park? I am perplexed. I haven't noticed my neighbor had any issue with parking or inability to access the bed from a side, when he got his 2500HD last year.

You are from Texas, right? Too big of a truck? Difficult to park? I am perplexed. I haven't noticed my neighbor had any issue with parking or inability to access the bed from a side, when he got his 2500HD last year.
hint: even in Texas most parking garages built in the 1970s / 1980s aren't "sized" accordingly to how large full size trucks have become over the last decades.
my F150 (not lifted) barely fit height wise into parking garages in downtown Houston with the antenna scraping concrete beams and the roof having a few inches of clearance...

again... if you have never driven/owned a full size truck and are going from a Model 3 or Model Y to the Cybertruck... you will be in for a surprise....

Reactions: brkaus and T3SLAROD
by the time the CT gets delivered RAM EV as well as Silverado / Sierra EV have joined the party..
The RAM EV is a joke! Conceptually, it has some gee-whiz ideas going on, but Dodge has never delivered on anything close to their concept vehicles. Not to mention they have zero experience in electric vehicles - with the notable exception of ENVI in 2008 Chrysler once wanted to be the ENVI of electric vehicles - Hagerty Media And they are really dipping their little toe in too - it has a range extender like the i3's had.

Ford is learning right now, GM has some experience under their belt as well - my money is on those two to be prominent high-volume vehicles that truck buyers will purchase and rely upon.