Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Farzad
Felt it was very good analysis
Appreciate you providing your source. That is helpful.

That being said, I don't agree with Farzad at all for 2 reasons:

1) He is comparing it to the Silverado and F150, we all know Tesla is the leader and not the follower when it comes to EV's so they don't care what other vehicles are priced at or what their range is.

2) As mentioned above, he is calling it a Tri-motor when Elon said it was a Quad-motor so the attention to detail is missing

In my opinion Farzad is just making a WAG.

Only time will tell, will be interesting to revisit this when we get the true numbers in a few months.

Probably a mockup picture in the patent but still rumour-worthy…?
FB20DC37-343D-4AAF-A83A-A69DFC2E7DC2.jpeg

Reactions: MountainRatMat
200kwh and probably 1.75 times the weight of the Model S/X pack. Totally doable, not sure if they have the 4680 capacity to fulfill many orders at that size though.

This or probably more.

I am surprised on how inefficient my Rivian R1S is. Sub 2.0 mi/kWh with 22" wheels in All-Purpose mode where I drive 80% of the time at 65-70mph. The 135 kWh pack is too small.

If a Cybertruck ships with the a 200 kWh pack, it would cost $130K at least. 150 kWh pack would be $100K range.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
This or probably more.

I am surprised on how inefficient my Rivian R1S is. Sub 2.0 mi/kWh with 22" wheels in All-Purpose mode where I drive 80% of the time at 65-70mph. The 135 kWh pack is too small.

If a Cybertruck ships with the a 200 kWh pack, it would cost $130K at least. 150 kWh pack would be $100K range.
The R1S likely has a better drag coefficient than the CT. The efficiency on the highway is mostly aero. That's why the X/Y is so bad at higher speeds.

This or probably more.

Not necessarily $130k for these will be 4680s which they source from themselves

This or probably more.

How are your front tires holding up if you drive in conserve mode that much? Time for new ones already?

Gen 2 4680s are energy density equal to the better 2170s for the CY 350/500 mile range
2023/2024
View attachment 963230
Gen 3 projection for the CT 600 mile range
Mid 2024
View attachment 963231
Quoting Cleanerwatt
Per Panasonic (who makes them) 2170 is 271 WH/kg and a much smaller form factor. 4680 Gen 2/ Cyber Cell is still not as good as 2170.

Per Panasonic (who makes them) 2170 is 271 WH/kg and a much smaller form factor. 4680 Gen 2/ Cyber Cell is still not as good as 2170.
this is mostly about cost savings and *not* getting some crazy high wh/kg to build a 600 miles EPA rated vehicle imho....

the panasonic cells are still untouched in terms of wh/kg and have been for a while...

I thought the primary advantage of the 4680 was reduction of manufacturing cost. Do they have to be as as efficient to be worth using in the cyber truck?
That was the planned advantage, but they aren't there, yet. It's a much larger battery than the 2170 that has less energy. Pretty obvious why Tesla is trying so hard to fix that. Elon said in the shareholders meeting that making batteries is extremely difficult, but they are getting there.