Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How are your front tires holding up if you drive in conserve mode that much? Time for new ones already?
Screw Conserve mode. Never switched to it once. Took my R1S last week to Daytona and zipped around at 108 (traffic prevented any faster). 7000 lb beast hauls butt.

IMG_5399.jpeg

Do we know if the CT will still be dent proof and tough glass? If those are not there, I'd prob cancel.
who knows... but Corning Glass windshields (tougher, but can still crack if hit by a large rock - just not as easy and more small stuff resistant) cost approx. 2x (!) of a normal windshield. a windshield of the size of the CT one would probably be well over $2k for gorilla glass... not sure if Tesla is taking that margin hit

Reactions: electrifyme
who knows... but Corning Glass windshields (tougher, but can still crack if hit by a large rock - just not as easy and more small stuff resistant) cost approx. 2x (!) of a normal windshield. a windshield of the size of the CT one would probably be well over $2k for gorilla glass... not sure if Tesla is taking that margin hit
Oh wow, i didn't know it costs that much... Given this, I'm thinking these features will not be included to lower the costs. That's a bummer if this is the case. My wife wanted the CT because of the "armor-like" glass and plating.

Reactions: TessP100D
Oh wow, i didn't know it costs that much... Given this, I'm thinking these features will not be included to lower the costs. That's a bummer if this is the case. My wife wanted the CT because of the "armor-like" glass and plating.
Why on earth wold they back down on this?

3mm steel and next-to-bulletproof glass were more or less top-2 features in the reveal (well, almost, IMO), the steelball incident would only enforce their commitment.

Time wasted, we will know soon enough.

Why on earth wold they back down on this?

3mm steel and next-to-bulletproof glass were more or less top-2 features in the reveal (well, almost, IMO), the steelball incident would only enforce their commitment.

Time wasted, we will know soon enough.
I don't think they will, but the Exoskeleton wasn't as promised, nor the size, sail storage, potentially ramps, etc.

Things always change from concepts.

I don't think they will, but the Exoskeleton wasn't as promised, nor the size, sail storage, potentially ramps, etc.

Things always change from concepts.
Sure, luckilly, I think they have worked very hard to make the best, very much look forward to how it actually turns out.

But I do not spend much time guessing, it is not that time critical to me - we will see (probably from position 1.000.000 or so in the queue in my case - hence plenty of time to find out 😊).

Sure, luckilly, I think they have worked very hard to make the best, very much look forward to how it actually turns out.

But I do not spend much time guessing, it is not that time critical to me - we will see (probably from position 1.000.000 or so in the queue in my case - hence plenty of time to find out 😊).
If you are getting one in Norway, you're right...it will likely be years and some things may change.

Reactions: JoRoMo
I'm 86 years old, bought my first Tesla in 2013 and my dear wife (she's 88 now) circumnavigated the U.S. in April/May 2015, when there were a total of 184 superchargers scattered around the country, mostly in CA. From Seattle to Palm Desert to JAX, Rhode Island, Niagara Falls, Mt. Rushmore, etc. and had a blast - searching for places to find some juice. Nothing like a little range anxiety to heighten the pleasure of travel. We now drive the 3rd, a '21 MY. I can't wait to trade it for the Cybertruck, which I will drive with great pleasure, just for the fun of it.