Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What exactly makes those people “extremely misinformed”? I really want to know.

All these reviews and comparisons are of a $100k Car. Yeah I said it Car. A lot of these reviewers aren’t Truck drivers and they love the CT because it’s essentially a Car with a bed, like the Ridgeline. The modern day El Camino.

There will be very few who trade in their Silverado, Ram, F-150, F250, F350 for a car with a Bed. Especially when the only model that beats the competition is $100k.
TFL discussed this on "TFL Talk" today. Their initial impression is it's a large car/truck for electric car people. I'd narrow that further, and say it's limited to Tesla electric car people.

The garage would be a problem but can fit so ok.

Initially strongly leaning toward scrubbing my early AWD order due to range and price.

Then the VTH feature changed the calculus. They can’t include that feature without bringing the price in line with 9-10 power walls. The governing value comes from the battery access.

Once I take the value of half the battery in power walls (5ish) off the sticker price, I have real cost for the CT of an irresistible $45k.

I won’t clutter up my garage with power walls so I gain utility and solve my 2-3 days electrical backup goal. And the backup power comes with me should I sell the house.

It seems an irresistible deal and an exceptional value now🙂

That one feature becomes the game changer IMO.

All these reviews and comparisons are of a $100k Car. Yeah I said it Car. A lot of these reviewers aren’t Truck drivers and they love the CT because it’s essentially a Car with a bed, like the Ridgeline. The modern day El Camino.

There will be very few who trade in their Silverado, Ram, F-150, F250, F350 for a car with a Bed. Especially when the only model that beats the competition is $100k.
Not extremely misinformed, just extremely biased, probably not a segment of consumers any business would ever waste resource to convert. The fact that you’ve gone way out of your way to be here…blessing us with your bias without any hint of being open-minded…indicates as much. Free advice: If the product, any product, doesn’t resonate with you, just realize you’re not one the business is after. It’s okay, really. Don’t take it too personal. One thing for sure, you won’t find any of us here coming into your world to tell you how wrong you are with your choice. Perhaps we should; we just don’t care enough to do so.

CT Beast is a stone-gas looker-- especially with black wrap. And just about as fast as Plaid except for that top end. I want it-- want it-- I want it. I'll either replace my Plaid X, or keep the X and Turo the CT or the X-- depending on which one I prefer. CT can tow most anything I will be preferring to buy, so that is outstanding. If I like the CT, range extender goes in-- Space Camper fits nicely on top of it.
So 9k more that a plaid, 0-60 time 20% more, but can do off-road and no worries about road rage, paint defects, or paint protection.

I can see a lot of folks agreeing with you.

Reactions: ArchHamster

I'm not sure it the EC could pull 10k lb trailer or had 17 inches ground clearance. It can def do off road truck things.

I doubt many traditional truck owners will buy the CT and use it as a work truck.

Reactions: jebinc