Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The garage would be a problem but can fit so ok.

Initially strongly leaning toward scrubbing my early AWD order due to range and price.

Then the VTH feature changed the calculus. They can’t include that feature without bringing the price in line with 9-10 power walls. The governing value comes from the battery access.

Once I take the value of half the battery in power walls (5ish) off the sticker price, I have real cost for the CT of an irresistible $45k.

I won’t clutter up my garage with power walls so I gain utility and solve my 2-3 days electrical backup goal. And the backup power comes with me should I sell the house.

It seems an irresistible deal and an exceptional value now🙂

That one feature becomes the game changer IMO.
FYI, both Ford and Chevy already do vehicle-to-home. That's not new. For any of these vehicles however, you'd still need to spend additional money on the hardware for the garage to integrate it into the circuit panel. I'd personally skip that step, save the money, and just run important appliances directly from the outlets in the bed.

How does 10,296 lb-ft of torque for the Beast, compare to your favorite gas wheezer truck? Are you a gas wheezer truck person? I'm just curious.
The 10,296 lb-ft is yet another Charlatan trick to fool the uninformed. That grossly high number is after differential gear reduction! 🤣. Lots written on this sham since last Thursday. Using this same charlatan math, the Rivian, with its 900HP and quad motor setup would pencil out to be even a larger ridiculous number. The real Rivian number is something like 908 lb-ft. The real CT number is less.

Sorry Elon, not even you are above the laws of physics…. Spin a web of deceit you must, but some will see right through it!

Last edited:
I'm hoping the range and 0-60 times are close to what was advertised for the Dual Motor.

And that there are no major glaring quality issues.

And that production ramps up to at least 5 figures next year.

Despite the deceit, don't want to see Tesla fail. More to the company than one mans befuddled vision.

Must be the Model X hitch…
Yeah, it’s the Model S AND X OEM Hitch

52178875234_3011bb1c7b_h_d.jpg

I for one, will be switching and getting one.

Honestly, I own own a full-sized traditional truck with huge distance/tank and towing specs (2109 F250 SD Diesel) but it makes be bonkers reading comparisons between 3/4 ton trucks being a spec-for-spec exact use-case as the Cybertuck. Can CT tow a horse trailer? Sure, CT can do it hella faster than my F250 but not across the state on a tank of fuel - so does that make it a fail?? We tend to pick the things from the traditional trucks do better (range, towing, 'contractor driving all day' use cases) but leave off the things the Cybertruck does better from comparison (speed, torque, steer by wire, 4-wheel steer, 72" bed, adjustable ride height...etc). My traditional truck is a hauling beast no doubt, but it costs a fortune to run, I'd like to reverse direction without turning the wheel 4 times around, or making a 5 point turn to get into a parking space, or warm the thing up on a winter day (IN my garage), and keep my dog happy and comfortable when I go into a store without choking everyone out in diesel fumes. Does it make me a Tesla fanboy?

Last edited:
I for one, will be switching and getting one.

Honestly, I own own a full-sized traditional truck with huge distance/tank and towing specs (2109 F250 SD Diesel) but it makes be bonkers reading comparisons between 3/4 ton trucks being a spec-for-spec exact use-case as the Cybertuck. Can CT tow a horse trailer? Sure, CT can do it hella faster than my F250 but not across the state on a tank of fuel - so does that make it a fail?? We tend to pick the things from the traditional trucks do better (range, towing, 'contractor driving all day' use cases) but leave off the things the Cybertruck does better from comparison (speed, torque, steer by wire, 4-wheel steer, 72" bed, adjustable ride height...etc). My traditional truck is a hauling beast no doubt, but it costs a fortune to run, I'd like to reverse direction without turning the wheel 4 times around, or making a 5 point turn to get into a parking space, or warm the thing up on a winter day (IN my garage), and keep my dog happy and comfortable when I go into a store without choking everyone out in diesel fumes. Does it make me a Tesla fanboy?
If you compare the AWD Cybertruck to the AWD F150 Lightning… apples to apples vehicles… then you will see that the Lightning has similar range, towing, payload, acceleration plus a more spacious cabin plus a huge frunk but can be picked up right now for around $72k *today* (in the Lariat trim !) and is a 2yr old vehicle not even designed as a pure EV platform. Meanwhile the Cybertruck is $79k+ and who knows when you will be able to get one…. So yeah… a tad underwhelming in terms of cost/value

We're waiting for a full size EV van with the towing capacity of our current van which is a 1985 Ford E350 diesel with a towing capacity of 9600 pounds. We prefer the van due to its' much greater internal space for our 2 XL dogs and other loads which are best carried locked inside. The Ford has only 75,000 miles on it, runs quite well and has always been garaged but it's time and the lowered maintenance and lower fuel costs of the EV would be nice. We have a trailer which is routinely used to haul loads which challenge the E350s capacity. Our other vehicle is a '21 model SLR and the new car excitement has yet to wear off. We are seriously committed to being green.

Hello,

I never had a Tesla, but I had one EV and currently one PHEV. I have a deposit on the CyberTruck (late deposit)

Question 1: How many of you will or may transition to the CyberTruck when it's released?
Question 2: What are your expectations for the true final price of the 2-3 difference motor levels of the CT?
1. Def will
2.2x motor is affordable $79K less state credits of max $15000 in Colorado
My state plus Fed is $8000

If you compare the AWD Cybertruck to the AWD F150 Lightning… apples to apples vehicles… then you will see that the Lightning has similar range, towing, payload, acceleration plus a more spacious cabin plus a huge frunk but can be picked up right now for around $72k *today* (in the Lariat trim !) and is a 2yr old vehicle not even designed as a pure EV platform. Meanwhile the Cybertruck is $79k+ and who knows when you will be able to get one…. So yeah… a tad underwhelming in terms of cost/value
Best comparison table/graphic I've seen:

! CT vs R1T vs Lightning.jpg

My comparisons:
fKfGIqZ[1].jpg

I'm hoping the range and 0-60 times are close to what was advertised for the Dual Motor.

And that there are no major glaring quality issues.

And that production ramps up to at least 5 figures next year.

Despite the deceit, don't want to see Tesla fail. More to the company than one mans befuddled vision.

My prediction is the range hit is going to be worse than what we're all used to from Tesla. The aero on the cybertruck is far worse than any of the other cars Tesla sells, and the EPA test (particularly the cycle Tesla uses) heavily favors low speed driving where aero isn't as much of a factor.

Quality issues... this is Tesla, of course there will be quality issues. But hopefully they can avoid catastrophic things like the steer by wire failing during a drive.

I do think it would actually be good for the truck to fail. A product failing won't be enough to tank the company. But it might be enough to have it change in some positive ways (including ousting Musk if there's any justice in this world)

My prediction is the range hit is going to be worse than what we're all used to from Tesla. The aero on the cybertruck is far worse than any of the other cars Tesla sells, and the EPA test (particularly the cycle Tesla uses) heavily favors low speed driving where aero isn't as much of a factor.

Quality issues... this is Tesla, of course there will be quality issues. But hopefully they can avoid catastrophic things like the steer by wire failing during a drive.

I do think it would actually be good for the truck to fail. A product failing won't be enough to tank the company. But it might be enough to have it change in some positive ways (including ousting Musk if there's any justice in this world)
Truth.

I also believe the advertised range will get worse, as it's not reported as an estimate. So, until all of the math and EPA are done, take the numbers released last Thursday as what they are, "an estimate from the Tesla organization"... In the past, we all know these "estimates" to be about 70% of reality.

Truth.

I also believe the advertised range will get worse, as it's not reported as an estimate. So, until all of the math and EPA are done, take the numbers released last Thursday as what they are, "an estimate from the Tesla organization"... In the past, we all know these "estimates" to be about 70% of reality.
EPA info:

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
Reactions: jebinc
We're waiting for a full size EV van with the towing capacity of our current van which is a 1985 Ford E350 diesel with a towing capacity of 9600 pounds. We prefer the van due to its' much greater internal space for our 2 XL dogs and other loads which are best carried locked inside. The Ford has only 75,000 miles on it, runs quite well and has always been garaged but it's time and the lowered maintenance and lower fuel costs of the EV would be nice. We have a trailer which is routinely used to haul loads which challenge the E350s capacity. Our other vehicle is a '21 model SLR and the new car excitement has yet to wear off. We are seriously committed to being green.
Maybe you could hijack a Rivian Delievery van perhaps? Otherwise it will be a long long wait for one.

Reactions: henderrj