Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many of you will/may transition to CyberTruck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have just as much experience ...

#1 - I've never experienced it doing 1 and even in the past week when I've had two examples of ambulances.

#2 is brutally bad. It almost 'randomly' changes speeds based on nearby roads (crossing over/by). I've had it change back to the wrong speed limit within 20 yards/meters of it just passing a speedlimit sign based on road segment (GPS?) data or some. AP speed limit was decent. FSDbeta is **awful**. There are 100s of complaints about this one.

Scott. I'm looking for another system that is comparable. Thats all.

Topics like this always seem to try and change subject into the evaluation/opinion of Tesla's product. Not really interested in doing that.

We've gotten far off track here.
Would be good to move this FSD discussion to a different thread.

I would agree with you except that I'm transitioning to the CT unless there is some other system that is better at what Tesla does getting me from one place to another driving on its own.

I'm trying not to talk about Tesla's system which is why I'm steering away from such discussions. What other truck/cars system is better that I could go to that would be better than the CT's system?

If Rivian's is better, then I will transition to a Rivian. etc.

I would agree with you except that I'm transitioning to the CT unless there is some other system that is better at what Tesla does getting me from one place to another on its own.
I'm trying not to talk about Tesla's system. What other truck/cars system is better that I could go to that would be better than the CT's system?
If Rivian's is better, then I will transition to a Rivian. etc.
I have reasonable hopes for the Ford T3 and the BlueCruise direction. CEO/Jim Farley has had interviews about their direction and aspirations of giving drivers back time ... ie hands free ... that they have on [mapped] highways something no-way you can trust of FSDb. I say T3 because I think the camera (and other sensors) will be significant as they know the competition and what is required of their next Gen. I have not heard great things about Rivian and not sure about their resources for autonomous driving.

I have reasonable hopes for the Ford T3 and the BlueCruise direction. CEO/Jim Farley has had interviews about their direction and aspirations of giving drivers back time ... ie hands free ... that they have on [mapped] highways something no-way you can trust of FSDb. I say T3 because I think the camera (and other sensors) will be significant as they know the competition and what is required of their next Gen. I have not heard great things about Rivian and not sure about their resources for autonomous driving.

Perfect. thanks.

If the BlueCruise system is better than Tesla's system before I get my CT, then I will get the Ford. I'll keep that in mind.

If the BlueCruise system is better than Tesla's system before I get my CT, then I will get the Ford. I'll keep that in mind.
The Lightning seems like a nice truck.

1) I would only consider one after they have easy access to the Supercharger network.

2) I’d be very apprehensive about needing Lightning-specific repairs. I have my doubts about local dealers having the expertise to make such repairs in a timely fashion. But that may be an unwarranted assumption on my part and could be assuaged by enough reports of quick repairs on Lightnings needing such repairs.

Last edited:
The Lightning seems like a nice truck.

1) I would only consider one after they have easy access to the Supercharger network.

2) I’d be very apprehensive about needing Lightning-specific repairs. I have my doubts about local dealers having the expertise to make such repairs in a timely fashion. But that may be an unwarranted assumption on my part and could be assuaged by enough reports of quick repairs on Lightnings needing such repairs.
I had a lightning and took it on two separate 2300 mile road trips. I had no issues even with the slow charging curve which may have improved. It was super comfortable and drove wonderfully. I sold it to a friend when my Rivian and Hummer order arrived at the same time. The Rivian is great too but the Hummer is by far my favorite. I'd drive it anywhere and when I get the NACS adaptor that'll make it even better.

I had a lightning and took it on two separate 2300 mile road trips. I had no issues even with the slow charging curve which may have improved. It was super comfortable and drove wonderfully. I sold it to a friend when my Rivian and Hummer order arrived at the same time. The Rivian is great too but the Hummer is by far my favorite. I'd drive it anywhere and when I get the NACS adaptor that'll make it even better.

Ok, so the NACS adapter.

If you want to charge a Hummer at a Tesla Supercharger- Tesla would have to open that charger up to NON-Tesla vehicles - right?

I hear so much talk about the NACS port/adapter being installed on non-teslas and I've always wondered "who cares unless Tesla opens a location to other Vehicles".

Reactions: TessP100D
Is it new news that Tesla is opening the network to most other manufacturers? Moreover after 24 most of these OEMs are installing NACS in the vehicles rather than CCS1.
zxWtV89.jpg

I hear people saying that tesla is only going to deliver foundation series cybertrucks for the first year.

If true, can anyone else not help but shake how slimy that feels. "Cybertruck available now. Gives it to a few millionaire/billionaire friends/supporters." Doesn't mention price. Posts a price online ranging 60-100k. 60k not available until 2025. Silently launches foundation series orders. 100-130k...

Maybe price wasn't mentioned because tesla knew they were going to be doing extremely squirrely things with it. I mean if you can only get a 100-130k version in 2024, then isn't that essentially the actual launch price? They are using the far off, maybe never to be delivered prices to shield themselves from articles mentioning they missed the release price of 40k by 250 percent (40k vs 100k which is the cheapest founders edition you can get).

One of the things which originally attracted me to Tesla was how they were straight with you on the pricing of their cars. They listed the price on the website, and that was the price you got. No bs negotiations, no bible size stack of documents to sign, no last minute price increases. They certainly aren't established dealership bad yet, but if it's true only the founders editions are delivered in 2024, then this certainly seems like a move in a exploitative direction.

I guess demand is key. If 25k of folks want to pay foundation series pricing, hopefully the profits from same will be used to fund future products on the "Road to sustainable energy"

Or, maybe take Tesla down another, off quoted road, paved with good intentions.

Reports today say they have pervasive problems increasing the 4680 cell production rate with dry coating, and current rate is only enough for about 25k trucks a year.

Personally, I believe that the market that can justify the high price is not the pickup truck market, but more the extreme off road/jeep/RV/SHTF market, esp for those that have no experience in same, but lots of disposable income.

I hear people saying that tesla is only going to deliver foundation series cybertrucks for the first year.

If true, can anyone else not help but shake how slimy that feels. "Cybertruck available now. Gives it to a few millionaire/billionaire friends/supporters." Doesn't mention price. Posts a price online ranging 60-100k. 60k not available until 2025. Silently launches foundation series orders. 100-130k...

Maybe price wasn't mentioned because tesla knew they were going to be doing extremely squirrely things with it. I mean if you can only get a 100-130k version in 2024, then isn't that essentially the actual launch price? They are using the far off, maybe never to be delivered prices to shield themselves from articles mentioning they missed the release price of 40k by 250 percent (40k vs 100k which is the cheapest founders edition you can get).

One of the things which originally attracted me to Tesla was how they were straight with you on the pricing of their cars. They listed the price on the website, and that was the price you got. No bs negotiations, no bible size stack of documents to sign, no last minute price increases. They certainly aren't established dealership bad yet, but if it's true only the founders editions are delivered in 2024, then this certainly seems like a move in a exploitative direction.
The is basic capitalism from Lord Elon.