Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife's 2023 Model 3 Performance now seems to be back to what it used to be. We can wake it up on the driveway and turn the climate on again. Even why I tried the unlock to wake when near the backdoor which did work, I still couldn't send a command to the car to get it to activate the Climate anyway. It would then just go back to sleep again.

Glad they are sorting this, shouldn't have happened in the first place for this length of time though. Normal Tesla though of making a change to something else before testing it or it's ready.

Well, the iOS Automation works fine, but the car seems to require turning WiFi on manually. I seem to remember this problem from last time i tried to use my phone. Is there some setting I'm missing?
Do you have it set to turn off WiFi when you enter drive or leave it on? That had me stuck a bit on this when I was first trying it until I understood what that option means. I think the default is WiFi turns off when you select drive but you obviously need to tell it not to do that. It's in the WiFi settings.

I find this a bit of a joke in the tweet:
“This is limited to a subset of certain vehicles only when passing through specific cellular towers from our service provider.” We can see that it’s a broad range of years, models and specs so I can’t see how it’s a specific “subset”.
You know they mean; the one subset are the cars that don't work and the other subset the cars that have no problem....simples...

What makes you think the car connects to O2?
Looking online every article I can find says that Tesla use Telefonica in Europe which means O2 in the UK. I also loose signal in the car when in certain places that my mobile on O2 does (local Co-op car park and local garden centre.) My wife's phone on Vodafone doesn't have the same issues in either of those places.

Looking online every article I can find says that Tesla use Telefonica in Europe which means O2 in the UK. I also loose signal in the car when in certain places that my mobile on O2 does (local Co-op car park and local garden centre.) My wife's phone on Vodafone doesn't have the same issues in either of those places.
I'd agree with this based on my experience too.

I noticed that there is a serious issue with wifi when it is at home - conection is not strong enough.

I also noticed that if I disable WIFI, it says it will be auto-re-enabled on next drive.. anyone knows how to disable it permanently?

it is EE, not O2. See as per How many people are having connectivity issues?

Do you have it set to turn off WiFi when you enter drive or leave it on? That had me stuck a bit on this when I was first trying it until I understood what that option means. I think the default is WiFi turns off when you select drive but you obviously need to tell it not to do that. It's in the WiFi settings.
I can’t see anywhere in the UI where I can set the default wifi status.

As per some of the others, my car is sluggish or unresponsive to app commands even when it should be on WiFi

Does the issue affect app connectivity even if the car should be on WiFi? Ie does the signal to wake up get sent over the mobile signal, and WiFi is off when the car is sleeping?