Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Um.... same? I don't want to jinx it but since upgrading, zero dropouts for me. Two full days of driving with no dropouts whereas previously I hadn't had a single day without a dropout in Spotify since November.
Whereas I installed 2023.44.30.8 last night and today on my commute I get a 'routing no longer available' message (towards the end of my commute - but not finished, still had 1/2mile to go) - oddly, I had the line through the LTE reception bars sign with it, but when I checked connectivity it showed as connected to my hotspot! I regret not taking a picture of it now

I had no recent issues like others had been experiencing

30.8 doesn't address it, that's what I have. My issue has been acknowledged with the usual "small subset of cars with limited number of towers" and "please send us exact locations" but then they further commented, no need as I had provided map tracklogs showing a straight line between to points with timestamps. Can't drive that straight line!
I don't get the "certain cell towers" either because the car was connected, moved OUT of that cell area, across many more, then reversed route back to the same cell towers where it had previously had connectivity so why no re-connect since it's now the same tower?
Anyway, if there's compensation to be had, I figure get the ticket in to avoid the follow up of "we didn't know about your car, nothing for you!" :)

Received a call from my local Tesla SC today...a bit of progress but doesnt sound too promising for me. Apparently there are two issues:

1. EE service, expecially in the shouther regions of the UK are to blame for most of the connectivity issues. Apparently this will be resolved by the end of this month (I wont hold my breath!)

2. The firmware with the older cars (like my 2018 MS) is another issue, which there is currently no expected date. So by the end of the month when the EE connectivity issues are resolved, i may still have this firmware issue and so will many others with similar older cars. And where this is only with older cars, tesla are obviously not as concerns and is not at the top of their list to resolve...

Another service request will be raised promptly at the end of the month if i am facing the same issues.
since when Midlands is "Southern" region?

Reactions: djtaylor
Routing without traffic data seems to have hit quite a few this morning. Both those who have upgrade to .8 and those who don't.
Think it's just a service availability issue rather than anything cellular, the other car functions seemed fine, and I've not had any problems with the EE band 20 issues in my area

since when Midlands is "Southern" region?
Tesla can be so full of BS when they dont know the extent of the issues. A lot of head in the sand to be honest. He explainewd to me most of the southern region, Bristol, South Wales, and parts of London.

I had the message this morning stating "as per our call yesterday i have closed the service request..." well that was a lie because you didnt say in the call you would close it, and furthermore the issue isnt resolved. Tesla came back pretty quickly saying the request are raised for hardware issues only and since there is no hardware that requires replacing they cannot do anything more about this.

Maybe they should have hardware and software tickets so the software issues can be open longer until there is a resolution.

What I don't like either is that you cannot have more than one service request open at a time.
So as I hava an ongoing mechanical issue scheduled to be sorted in a couple of weeks, I cannot open a new request for this connectivity issue in the meantime...

I had to power off, wait and power up my phone this morning after O2 fixed an issue - as phone call yesterday and SMS today weren't connecting.

With Tesla, the equivalent is opening driver’s door, selecting Power Off from Settings menu then exiting vehicle, closing door and waiting at least 5 mins.

(the only true way to fully power down and reinitialise networking stack?)

What I don't like either is that you cannot have more than one service request open at a time.
So as I hava an ongoing mechanical issue scheduled to be sorted in a couple of weeks, I cannot open a new request for this connectivity issue in the meantime...
i find if you raise another request in the same message thread that works too. i had to do that a few months ago and they resolved both at the same time.

You can use the same messaging place to report the second issue as another OP has mentioned. They’ve acted on both the requests - as separate two responses.

Have had connectivity issues out and and about, as well as at home with IO since around mid December. Reply from Tesla support just now as follows:

==============

Hi,

We are currently experiencing nationwide issues with our connectivity due to our 3rd party provider. Our engineering team are working hard to resolve this issue as quick as possible. A temporary fix is to perform a scroll reset as seen below -

Model 3 Do It Yourself | Tesla

Kind Regards.

Reactions: Bootneckshuffl
Have had connectivity issues out and and about, as well as at home with IO since around mid December. Reply from Tesla support just now as follows:

==============

Hi,

We are currently experiencing nationwide issues with our connectivity due to our 3rd party provider. Our engineering team are working hard to resolve this issue as quick as possible. A temporary fix is to perform a scroll reset as seen below -

Kind Regards.
A scroll reset that doesn’t work? That scroll reset? Thanks Tesla.

==============

Hi,

Kind Regards.
I read somewhere in ‘not a tesla app’ that with the new update Tesla is trying to upgrade the connectivity - ie, a quick fix transition from the home wifi to network connection when about to leave before you pull the stalk to D mode. Not sure whether that isn’t working as planned.

Connection issue seems to have resolved itself, for me at least. I haven’t updated the car’s software recently which suggests that the problem was with the network and not the car.
I was about to write the same thing, as everything seemed steady for a week... until I just got 10 mins of 'No Connectivity' error on my way back an hour ago...

I had to power off, wait and power up my phone this morning after O2 fixed an issue - as phone call yesterday and SMS today weren't connecting.

With Tesla, the equivalent is opening driver’s door, selecting Power Off from Settings menu then exiting vehicle, closing door and waiting at least 5 mins.

(the only true way to fully power down and reinitialise networking stack?)
I haven't tried but does bouncing it between Wifi hotspot and off again (assuming that it has successfully connected to hotspot) also achieve a reset of the network stack? Probably not.
I tried to engage in a conversation about network stacks with my wife the other day in the car but obviously everything was my fault because Netflix didn't work.

• Funny
Reactions: Cloggie