Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many Roadsters will be produced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another reason for Tesla to sell the remaining Roadsters outside the US could be that there it will take longer until the Model S arrives. The beta builds are scheduled for end of summer, so maybe each shop gets a beta or two, also for test drives.

OMG! The Roadster will be like the McRib!!! "Back by popular demand for a limited time."

Second McDonalds Tesla reference. Bravo.
mcdonalds_netherlands_ev-boxcharging.jpg

Next we need a pic of a Roadster plugged in at the green McDonalds in Cary, NC, USA.

chargepoint-ronaldmcdonald2a-178x300.jpg

Last edited:
At the Menlo Park "store" right now. Word is people are "fighting" over whatever cars are available. I take that to mean there is a bidding war. I said "I'm glad I got mine already. I guess I should choose a price where I'm willing to sell." Reply... "Good idea."

Does this mean the last 5 will have unique options unavailable on current roadsters?

The last five VINs have already been sold. I understand they were sold with all the options and maybe some special accents (like the accents on the Founder Series and Signature 100).

The remaining inventory is spec cars presumably already in production or even finished, meaning you can pick which one you want but if they don't have your preferred paint color, seats, carbon fiber accents, etc., you just have to pick the one that is the best match.

I'm not a Tesla salesperson, so I'd recommend checking with someone official for the full and accurate story.

I just put down the reservation payment for one of the last 5 US production cars (only sport available at this point). so there are still around 4 left.
the sales guy told me 3 of the 5 "special" $200K units are sold. he also said there are 30 - 50 roadsters in stock in various stores and in menlo, most colors still available.
all future roadsters wil be european versions only.

That suggests they are shutting down the Menlo Park assembly facility, and only building in the UK now.

I was thinking about this. Another possibility is that whatever differences between the European and North American vehicles are might be a motivating factor. For example if they have an excess of parts which are only used in Europe. Or maybe they already shipped many ESSs to the U.K. and need to use those up.
I thought the Menlo Park facility still has lease time left until sometime in 2012.