Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How Many Times Do You Check?

I check my Tesla account for updates

• Rarely. I just wait for a text, e-mail, or call from Tesla

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Every couple days

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Once a day

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • 2-3 times a day

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • 5 times a day

Votes: 17 18.7%
  • My Account is bookmarked and I refresh the page every time I look at my phone. I have a problem.

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I limit myself to three times per day, once when I wake up, once after lunch and once at dinner time. It was too stressful to check more than that. I'm at week 7 since my order so every day I'm sure it's going to be the day I at least get a VIN

Reactions: SD419
I admit I have a problem. I may need a support group or Tesla Owner Anonymous. I ordered the MY last Friday and I've probably checked my Tesla account 30 times a day since then. A VIN, a new document, a delivery date, whatever. I recognize I have a problem haha.
I was like you once, young and optimistic. That was in early August. Then the days turned into weeks, I learned about the end-of-quarter volume increase for California, and I decided to reduce the amount of stress in my life by avoiding the order status page. This way, I only have to deal with mild disappointment every time I get a text, email, or phone call.

Reactions: kickenandbrian
When I first ordered on 8/19 it was really bad. The excitement was insane, I actually had trouble getting to sleep and stay asleep cause I kept thinking about how exited I am and what not. I've wanted a Tesla for a long time just the stars never aligned and now they finally have. Gotten quite a bit better and today I got a VIN and a estimated delivery date so now I am just counting the days!

I was like you once, young and optimistic. That was in early August. Then the days turned into weeks, I learned about the end-of-quarter volume increase for California, and I decided to reduce the amount of stress in my life by avoiding the order status page. This way, I only have to deal with mild disappointment every time I get a text, email, or phone call.

THIS! Although I get Tesla’s decision to put California customers last, it’s BS. I wish my SA was a bit more forthcoming with this. I can’t even check the tracker anymore, seeing people across the country place orders a week ago and receiving their delivery dates for next week makes me hate the brand.

If they had competition I would be looking elsewhere, unfortunately they realize they can do whatever they want and we will just take it.

I feel the same. Ordered 7/18. Crickets from Tesla doesn’t help. Seeing others get their exact same config assigned even when ordered weeks after. If I can occupy myself, I fret less. Otherwise, I check several times daily and annoy Tesla representatives at least weekly.

Try being a 7 seat reservation holder since 2019. Even though I know I will be lucky to get it begining of q4 this year I still obsessively check my order page, this forum and Twitter for Model Y news and anything related to the 7 seat production. I have a serious problem LOL.

I've tried to slowly feed my addiction by researching and buying accessories for a car I don't even have yet.

• Funny
Reactions: ejkcy25 and SD419
I feel the same. Ordered 7/18. Crickets from Tesla doesn’t help. Seeing others get their exact same config assigned even when ordered weeks after. If I can occupy myself, I fret less. Otherwise, I check several times daily and annoy Tesla representatives at least weekly.
Exactly this!! I ordered on 7/19. Same issue. Others with same configuration who ordered after get delivered first.

Remember that text after ordering?
"Customers will receive first come, first served priority based on when these tasks are submitted in their Tesla Account."
BS...

Reactions: stlclint
I placed my order 8/24 for a MY and still no word. Are you suppose to get a text or an email notification?

did you complete the profile part where the financing/ trade in/ etc sections are on your account? After ordering it? When you do, it leads you to the insurance page for proof of insurance. Then they text you I believe. I didn’t upload my insurance yet but I received the text the day after I finished the Delivery location/ financing/ Trade in stuff. And I finished it after like 2 weeks of ordering my car (shopped around for trade in quotes and stuff).

did you complete the profile part where the financing/ trade in/ etc sections are on your account? After ordering it? When you do, it leads you to the insurance page for proof of insurance. Then they text you I believe. I didn’t upload my insurance yet but I received the text the day after I finished the Delivery location/ financing/ Trade in stuff. And I finished it after like 2 weeks of ordering my car (shopped around for trade in quotes and stuff).

I noted that I would be paying in cash. Im waiting on VIN to get my insurance.