Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How much money you have spent after took M3 home

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe $3k
-The boost, extra charger, front plate holder thingy, floor mats, trunk mat, frunk mat, struts, frunk spring, frunk hooks, center console wrap, screen protector, pedal covers, air filter, ring key, steering wheel wrap, trash can, lights, wireless charging pad, arm rest organizer, jack pads, cup holder liners, stem caps, cleaning supplies ... there was a lot of little things.

For the dashcam, how are you powering it? Does it work when the car is off and in sentry mode?
Oh, it plugs into USB, so I ran the wire down the trim on the B-pillar under my floor mat and plugged it into the rear USB port. I'm sure some smart person could have done something nicer and tapped into some wire.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R5MBNZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Vava, front and rear. The original Vava, I had, on Kickstarter had a plug with a battery that allowed it to run when there was no power, but I think the current unit has a capacitor, and can record 15s when there's some activity. There's no screen, it records to a SD card, and you can transfer recordings/pics from the app to your phone. You can watch it live. Also has a button that you can use to take pics or video. You just mount it somewhere. I put it on the center console where the keycard would tap to drive.

Since I park my P3D outside 24/7, I spent some $$ on protection:

$5K for full-car Xpel Ultimate PPF
$700 for Xpel Prime XR Plus ceramic tint
$200 on varioius detailing products including ceramic spray sealants, interior cleaner, spray waxes, wheel and tire cleaners, tire dressing, etc

I also spent about $1,200 on installation of a Wall Connector and a 14-50 outlet. This was offset by a $500 rebate from my local utility and a federal tax credit for the installation of an EV charger. Of course, I have more than covered that expense by not buying any dino juice for the past 2 years.

What I haven't spent that much money on is car maintenance. Other than tire rotations every 6.5K miles, I spent $132 on a 2-year service. My previous car was a Subaru WRX and by two years of ownership, I had spent several hundreds of dollars on maintenance.

$50 for a Qi charger, <$100 for center console wrap and new LED lights for the trunk. ~$250ish for all weather floor/trunk mats. !$50 for a dog hammock.

So <$500 for the car.

Maybe $600 to run a 100A sub-panel to the garage and install a 14-50 charger by the car.

19" VS wheels with PS4S
18" ASA tirerack wheels with x-ice
Tint
PPE front
Screen protector
CF vinyl center console wrap
Trunk light bulbs
HVAC air intake screen
Mesh sunroof sunscreen
CF side camera covers
HD floor mats
Weathertech trunk liner
Nema 14-50 outlet installed in garage
Cabin air filters and evap cleaner
Vinyl chrome delete package
Couple of 128 gig thumb drives
And a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head.
~$7K or so.

I'm over $16,000 not including tax and registration fees (I have a spreadsheet to track everything). Most of it is buying FSD in March 2019 for $5,275 (I didn't have AP, EAP, or FSD before that). Then 2 sets of wheels and tires for $3,600. Then ceramic coating for $1500. Then window tint for $400. $470 for custom painted aero wheel covers (regret doing that one). About $600 for EcoHitch and related towing stuff. About $700 for aftermarket dashcam, mounts, wiring, backup battery, memory card. Many interior customizations and accessories. Not much exterior except mud flaps and wide angle side mirrors.

Don't usually put screen protectors on my phones either. Don't like the feel. But the one above is supposed to be tempered glass and feel nice.
Check out the Mothca matte screen protectors. The smooth, easy glideabiity of my finger across the screen is unmatched. I have tried many matte screen protectors and I stick with this one.

It seems like most of the bulk money people spend is on the exterior, especially PPF.
About 40% of the $11K that I have spent has been on the sound system. All of the investments I have made have been for my benefit (sound system, tint, EAP), not what the car looks like.

$100 - replacement repeater camera for the one DOA on delivery
$1500 - for 240V line and Nema 14-50 line run to garage
$35 - Nema 14-50 adapter
$100 - colored LED lights for footwells and trunk and Telsa logo'ed puddle lights
$8000 - FSD

$9735 Total

Not heaps.
  • Winter floor mats: $140
  • Mud flaps: $30-ish
  • Snow chains: I forget, but over $100
  • Parts for 14-50 outlet: $50-ish
  • Tire pump: $25
  • Lift pads: $15
  • Heavy extension cord for 120/15 circuit: I forget
That doesn't include about $500 to replace a side mirror that got creamed.

$1350 to get dedicated 120V/20amp line in my apt building garage
$60 jack pucks
$1550 for Alutec wheels/Vredestein winter tires
$1150 for 18X9.5 Apex EC-7 wheels for next summer (haven't decided on tires yet, leading candidate 265/40 PS4S)
$5000 for practically everything Mountain Pass Performance offers for suspension (Sport adj shocks, camber/toe adjustable pieces for front and rear) and the master brake brace and stainless brake lines.
$10 for rear mud flaps
$40 for matte console/cupholder covers
$20 screen protector

Still an incredible performance BARGAIN!!

I see folks are looking at screen protectors...I still have the one that came with the car on the screen after 2 years. It works great, no issues. My recommendation is to NOT pull off the one the car comes with until there is an issue with it.
ZDcliHL.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: tigger2 and Clivew