Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how old is my new model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a model 3 from inventory and was issued a vin number 5YJ3F7EB6KF424xxx is there a way tell when it was produced? other people posting their vin numbers seem to be a lot higher than mine starting in the 500s. If mine is older does that matter has anything changed?

thank you I didn't know that lot was on twitter. it falls into the batch up to the 31st May. Has much changed since then would I be better waiting for a new order or take the old one from inventory?

The link tells you when the VIN batch was registered with the USA government. Manufacture is some time after that. You could check one of the Google docs VIN trackers/threads and try to work out when people took delivery of similar VINs to narrow down the manufacturing window.

Someone else may have a more exact way but I didn’t see a manufacture date on my car.

I’m picking up an inventory LR AWD soon with VIN 423xxx.

should I be worried at all? Tesla said it was at Southampton, I assume it’s not been sat there for a few months and was just held at Fremont for a bit. Hope it wasn’ta customer reject or anything like that!

i guess I’ll go over it with a fine tooth comb at pickup.

I’m picking up an inventory LR AWD soon with VIN 423xxx.

should I be worried at all? Tesla said it was at Southampton, I assume it’s not been sat there for a few months and was just held at Fremont for a bit. Hope it wasn’ta customer reject or anything like that!

i guess I’ll go over it with a fine tooth comb at pickup.

Apparently 420 to 429 were a batch of hand finished cars originally intended for Musk family members only. They have gold plated motor stators and undisclosed performance figures. They are signed by the lead engineers underneath the carpet in the footwell, right side. You feel better about it now, I bet.

Stop worrying! No, of course all the above is nonsense! But you never know ...