Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How patient are you when it comes to the next reveal?

At the end of March...

• I will be upset if there has been no reveal, even if a date has been announced for one later.

Votes: 14 10.5%
  • I will be upset if there has been no reveal and no date has been announced for one.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • I won't be upset even if there has been no mention of the next reveal.

Votes: 51 38.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Keep-Calm-Wait-3.jpg

You know that South Park episode where Cartman is so unable to stand waiting just 3 weeks for the new Nintendo Wii to come out that he has Butters cryogenically freeze him in the snow with the plan that Butters will thaw him out in 3 weeks and thus he'll be able to avoid having to wait those 3 weeks while conscious (but instead he ends up getting buried by an avalanche and he doesn't wake up for 540 years)...

That'd kinda how I feel. I might try that.

You know that South Park episode where Cartman is so unable to stand waiting just 3 weeks for the new Nintendo Wii to come out that he has Butters cryogenically freeze him in the snow with the plan that Butters will thaw him out in 3 weeks and thus he'll be able to avoid having to wait those 3 weeks while conscious (but instead he ends up getting buried by an avalanche and he doesn't wake up for 540 years)...

That'd kinda how I feel. I might try that.

I thought that was the premise of "Idiocracy." :D

Not going to affect my purchase decision, so I can't say it would make me upset.

Would be cool if we got some more information, but not sure why anyone would be "upset."

The reason that it would be upsetting I suppose is that it would be a clear signal that they aren't on schedule. I would expect that at the latest they need a final reveal in April with orders opening up by June to start producing cars at the end of the summer.

The reason that it would be upsetting I suppose is that it would be a clear signal that they aren't on schedule. I would expect that at the latest they need a final reveal in April with orders opening up by June to start producing cars at the end of the summer.

I don't know that a reveal in March would be indicative of their schedule either way, since "pencils down" occurred months ago.

I don't think not having a reveal in March means anything of the sort. They could have the reveal in the middle of May, open the configurator on June 1st, and start production a month later. Now if it goes much beyond May I'd certainly start to worry that there might be an issue.

I kind of like the drip of information we get. The employees have done an unbelievable job of keeping it a secret. The wait and speculation keep us all coming back here in hopes of new information and not buying something else.

I think that if there is no attempt to start production by late summer (September), there will be 75,000 - 100,000 deposits refunded.

Just a guess, but I think there are a high number of people who were looking to cash-in by being an early adopter and really don't care about the true ideologies behind Tesla

I think that if there is no attempt to start production by late summer (September), there will be 75,000 - 100,000 deposits refunded.

Just a guess, but I think there are a high number of people who were looking to cash-in by being an early adopter and really don't care about the true ideologies behind Tesla

Since this doesn't address the OPS question just curious how you voted? Although I'd like to see the reveal by the end of March I'm used to Tesla time so won't be surprised if it happens in April or May. Anything later then that and I would be pretty disappointed.

I've been anxious about it since November or so, when Elon alluded to "spring" being the timing on the next one....

but in the meantime, my wife has decided that we need to sell our townhouse on the outskirts of town, and buy a single-family house closer to downtown, and within walking distance of the train station. So all of my energy will be tied up in that endeavor until just around the time I expect Reveal 3 to be (end of March).

Side benefit, we're moving less than 3/4 mile from the train station. I fully intend on driving to the station on some days, and sending the FAD-enabled Model 3 to go park at home for free. :D:D

Reactions: Lem89
For me it has been a long time without a major press release that is related to the Model 3. I haven't seen updated images or anything for close to a year (Yes I know there are a couple new floating images of the new steering wheel etc...)

With that said the longer they go without updated images and press info the more likely people will get impatient and buy a different car. I think for me personally I can wait a bit longer but there are a lot of reservation holders that don't spend time daily on Tesla forums and I could see the excitement dwindling. I have a coworker that just decided to sign a 3 year lease on a new EV because the excitement has become blah to him. They need something big now rather than later. Get the blood pumping again so people can make it another 3 to 6 months before orders begin to be taken.

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture